News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Harry Kane leaving Spuds

Started by Stephen Paul, May 17, 2021, 19:16:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Apparently he's had enough of winning damn all

City bound ?

Neil Mcnab

Just like Messi was leaving Barca? Levy will want and get top money. Dodgy ankles, would cost well over £100 million. If you add his wages to transfer fee, he would be costing close to a million a week. Only way I could see a deal was if Sterling was part exchanged. If Pep wants him, get him in.

Neil Mcnab

Pochettino will surely bid for him.

gavin

I'd say a big yes to him purely as a player. With the probable fee and wages it is a big no. Focus on getting players like Torres - expensive but before they get to ludicrous money.

jingoe

I think he will end up at United

Gareth

Kane saying that he wants to leave is one thing; actually leaving is another. If he’s available for transfer it makes sense at least to ask the price. Apparently Kane wants it all sorted before the Euros... in case his glass ankles give way playing for England and he’s out for next season?

KunDB

Quote from: jingoe on May 17, 2021, 22:43:01
I think he will end up at United

No point in him going to Utd as no guarantee of winning anything let alone anything worthwhile.

Stephen Paul

Decent player but not so sure about him at City

lee

I think he's perfect for us.His finishing is second to none.Brilliant in the air.Great first touch,drops deep to collect the ball and his link up play is suberb.

United wont get him.He'll win fook all there and Cavani is staying another season.

Stephen Paul

150 million signing fees and 500 000 a week

Excessive

lee

City wont pay that.If they did go for him i can imagine cash and some swaps involved.Sterling would be good for them ;)

Gareth

I still like Raheem. Not anxious to part with him at all.

gavin

I think Raheem will come good again. But still Raheem and some typewriters for Kane would seem fair.

lee

Quote from: gavin on May 18, 2021, 14:31:13
I think Raheem will come good again. But still Raheem and some typewriters for Kane would seem fair.

And a few fax machines

Gareth

When all said and done, I guess the big attraction from City’s perspective is that he’s got a pretty decent record as a penalty taker... :D

Gareth

This occurred to me...
- We pay a £100mil fee,
- He plays for us for 5 seasons,
- He scores 20 goals a season.

That’s a nice round million pounds per goal.

If he does sign, I’m going to need a way to forget I ever thought this.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Gareth on May 21, 2021, 20:17:11
This occurred to me...
- We pay a £100mil fee,
- He plays for us for 5 seasons,
- He scores 20 goals a season.

That’s a nice round million pounds per goal.

If he does sign, I’m going to need a way to forget I ever thought this.
100 million plus, signing on fees, wages, lets up it to 1 1/2 million a goal. I think he will need to really increase the number of goals per season to reduce the cost per goal.