News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Jack Grealish

Started by Stephen Paul, April 03, 2022, 14:05:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Will he cut it at City

Yes
9 (81.8%)
No
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Stephen Paul

lee

Doing ok for me in his first season as a blue...Still think he will play a big part in one of the big games coming up.

gavin

He's a good lad in need of a proper haircut.

Neil Mcnab

He is a class act. Only he can blow his career. Having to be carried round Manchester paralytic is not a good sign. He is already set financially, hope he still has ambition and hard work left in the locker.

jingoe

He needs to get some proper shin pads and socks, given the amount he gets kicked.
I don't buy this 'my calves are too big for the socks to go over them bollocks'

Kilkenny Blue

He made a fool out of Savic and Sime Vrsalijko with his shithousery.  Statue material already after that  ;D

gavin

He handled it well last night. It was disgraceful how they cropped him at every opportunity and even booted the ball at him.

Victoria

Waste of money. He has not impressed me at all.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Victoria on April 09, 2022, 00:13:27
Waste of money. He has not impressed me at all.

Bernado, Rodri, Cancelo plus a few more took at least a season to settle in.  Give him a chance

gavin

I still think that he'll do well but his sub appearance at the weekend shows that he still has a lot to learn. He had to pass but was greedy and got caught.

Victoria

Kilkenny, I have given him all season, he is too greedy and has missed quite a few sitters. Also, he spends to much time on the floor. For £100 million I expect a quicker return for my money.

gavin

Jack, and all our players, have a chance to become legends in the next few weeks. He scored and should have had an assist at weekend. He could have been responsible for a great comeback. It proves that he can do it on the big stage.

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: Victoria on April 14, 2022, 22:37:07
Kilkenny, I have given him all season, he is too greedy and has missed quite a few sitters. Also, he spends to much time on the floor. For £100 million I expect a quicker return for my money.

Your money?

Victoria

Kilkenny, I will rephrase my statement: If I spent  £100 million of my money; I would want a quicker return than what Grealish has done so far. A few more goals would help his cause with me!
Happy now?

gavin

A lot of our top players have taken a while to settle. Particularly since Pep took over. Jack has contributed this season. Next season he will be a key contributor.

Hesperus

Agree with Gavin. Very few players have been a success in their first season under Pep. Next season is the time to judge.

KunDB

A fair bit lost today against Watford. Needs to step up.

Victoria

Gavin, those players you mention do no have a price tag of £100m. If I spent that money I would want a quick return, which shows progress: I don't see it. Further, If I spent £100m it would be a long term investment: I don' see that too.
So, I'll stick with my opinion that he is a waste of money, and not worth that price tag. I was also pissed when we went to buy Kane for 150m: not worth that kind of money at his age.
All this does supports other supporters arguement we are trying to buy the league, which until Jack we could safely argue not with Trafford shite & Bindippers actually spending more on players than City.

Stephen Paul

Give him another few months but he should be settled by now
Still not blowing everyone away

gavin

Forget the price tag. He has signed now and is contributing to what could be a great season. He will play a big part today in a game that we absolutely have to win. He will be even better next year as a fully integrated member of the team. He's Jack and he is blue. He still needs a fooking hair cut.