News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Yaya's crying - get the violins out

Started by clevblue, April 21, 2015, 19:35:34

Previous topic - Next topic

clevblue

Yaya Toure has revealed is ready to quit Manchester City this summer insisting: ‘I won’t stay where I’m not wanted.’ The much-maligned Ivory Coast midfielder, 31, said: “No amount of wages will make me stay at a club if I feel that I no longer belong there or if no challenge exists for me.” Toure insisted he is fed up of being made the scapegoat for the club’s shambolic title defence and failings in Europe. The £220,000-a-week star has been tipped to be sacrificed in the club’s end-of-season claret along with the likes of Samir Nasri and Jesus Navas. But Toure added: “When things are not necessarily going well in a club, the key players take the fall. I am not the only one to have been attacked even if there is tendency to be harsher with me. “Football is my passion, my job and that gives me two good reasons to do as well as I can. “I accept criticism if it helps me to improve and I ignore them when their aim is simply to break me. Since I started playing football, I had a dream as a little boy. Today, I am living the dream of thousands of little boys. I represent my continent, Africa, and that has no price.” Inter Milan boss Roberto Mancini, who worked with Toure at the Etihad, is desperately keen on a reunion but Toure has admitted he is also interested in the challenge posed by Paris Saints Germain. He went on: “Mancini is a mentor for me, he is a special coach. It is no secret that I loved the time when he was boss here, like I love playing for City today. “But as I said earlier, I have arrived at the point where I am more interested in the sporting challenge a club has to offer me than anything else.”

Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/sports/article/2000159270/yaya-toure-casts-doubt-on-his-man-city-future?

So it's all our fault for pointing out when he can't be arsed :)  Shut your cakehole (your birthday cakehole, that is)

If he HAS said any of this, he's twisting the truth to feed his own ego, simple as that

Tricky Trev

He's done a remarkable job at city, but it is indeed time to move on for both parties.

gavin

Last article I read he said he loved playing for City and he is a City legend but I agree it could well be the right time for him to move on. He will take some replacing though.

clevblue

He's done a remarkable job of messing woith us when we still have games to play, I'm afraid his timing makes me just think less and less of him. I like loyal City men. Not many of those left I think

bry the guy

They made him captain last game thay must tell him they think highly of him.

Neil Mcnab

Should have been sold in the summer. Calls into question the managements ability to recognise when a player is past their best. There was the cakegate nonsense as well. Just compare Yayas and agents  behaviour to that of Kun.
Taxi for Yaya.

clevblue

IF he's said any of that of course, you never really know unless he's filmed saying it. It could be manipulative agent bastards. Bad timing whatever.

Leewonpen

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on April 22, 2015, 14:33:48
Should have been sold in the summer. Calls into question the managements ability to recognise when a player is past their best. There was the cakegate nonsense as well. Just compare Yayas and agents  behaviour to that of Kun.
Taxi for Yaya.
+1

Leewonpen

Quote from: clevblue on April 22, 2015, 15:21:19
IF he's said any of that of course, you never really know unless he's filmed saying it. It could be manipulative agent bastards. Bad timing whatever.
He doesn't come out and deny any of it though.......should have gone last summer, his value can only fall in the transfer market.

goat

interested in paris eh, must he his love of art, croissants and serge gainsbourg. that or the fact they are the only club stupid enough to pay him what city do

gavin

Selling the player of the year in the summer would have been a bold move indeed. I don't think there can be much blame attached to anyone for not doing so even taking into account his odd behaviour.