News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Fulham PL

Started by KunDB, November 05, 2022, 14:31:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Manchester City: Ederson, Stones, Akanji, Ake, Cancelo, Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Gundogan, Grealish, Alvarez.

Subs: Ortega, Dias, Haaland, Laporte, Gomez, Mahrez, Foden, Palmer, Lewis

Very interesting rotation. Haaland on the bench. No Mitrovich for the visitors.

Come on City

gavin

Hopefully, we shouldn't need reinforcements from the bench but if we do then they're there.

KunDB

Very early red card and down to ten.

Less of passes falling short causing us issues. KdB the exception to that.

We need patience and cutting edge.

gavin

Great finish from Alvarez again but sadly wasted now.

gavin

We still look the most likely to win despite being down to ten men.

Hesperus

Definitely a penalty for them but very harsh red. Ref got that wrong and now we're going to have to play very well 2nd half.

Hesperus

Pretty brain dead from Cancelo that.

lee

Agree was a pen but sending him off was nothing short of cuntish

KunDB

It's hard to understand why he just ploughed in. A goal back would not have mattered that much. The defence looks panicky under duress.

Stephen Paul

Big 45 coming up

Think you will see Haaland

Stephen Paul

The best player in the world (KDB) busted his fucking arse there. What a performance

lee

Never in doubt

KDB ..wow

gavin

A great performance with ten men. KDB was immense chasing around. Thoroughly deserved win. Why didn't he bring Mahrez on for the penalty lol ?

KunDB

KDB wow, wow, wow wants nothing less than a win every time.

Haaland disallowed goal ruining football.

Pereira should clearly have got a red early on for an awful studs first tackle.

Amazing will to win, performance and three points. This team never gives in and never gives up. Thank you players and staff for that amazing buzz.

Victoria

Great result! Fulham not doing anything, no motivation against City's 9 men. Fulham deserved to lose. VAR needs to go! It is killing the game.
( before any one corrects me that City played with 10 men-not 9 men. All I have to say is Grealish.) Another game, another crap performance. Waste of money!

silvablue

If Kevin had not gone down in a fish flap, just like Salah does every time he gets a wee touch on him in the box, the penalty would never have been given.

It is the referees failures to recognise fouls in the box and award penalties that is creating the theatrics.

The referee today got the big calls right but most the others wrong and in favour of Fulham. Why he took so long to book Tete a mystery to me.

jingoe

I 've never seen Pep so animated - doing a lap of honour at the end like we had won a cup! Awesome display having 71% possession with 10 men. I'd expect Walker to do a stupid foul like that but not Cancelo. Hopefully he has learned from it

KunDB

Spurs v Liverpool

Referee Andy Madley denies Spurs a penalty for a needless and risky challenge, a push by Alexander-Arnold on Sessegnon. A near replica of the Cancelo sending off in a different area of the box. Playing the man not the ball. VAR reviews and supports the referees decision, VAR referee ironically being Darren England.

Could someone enlighten me as why it is not a penalty when it was yesterday and every other day.

gavin

It looked a clear penalty to me too. There was a similar push outside the box, again by Arnold, and unsurprisingly a foul was given. The only consistency is the inconsistency.

Look at the offside for Haaland's disallowed goal too. If you look at it with the lines and all the shit, yes it seems marginally offside. But I always understood that the rule as being gaining an advantage by being offside. These nanometer rulings are bonkers. Its not gaining an advantage, its not clear and obvious and - to everyone sane - it is essentially level and would always have been accepted as such. Even in the TV days, nobody would really have questioned that goal. It is taking away the joy of football, some great goals are being disallowed for no good reason. If they cannot immediately see on the replay that the striker is clearly offside the the goal should stand. The longer the delay went on, I just knew that they were working to disallow it by a picometer.

Reffing and VAR are that bad, we might as well just accept the bad standard of reffing and go back to having football with no VAR.

Victoria

Liked 'Reffing and VAR are that bad, we might as well just accept the bad standard of reffing and go back to having football with no VAR'