News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Happy Christmas to all in Citymancs

Started by KunDB, December 24, 2022, 23:11:39

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

A very happy and healthy Christmas I wish for you all.

gavin

93:2012

Merry Christmas and let us all look forward to retaining the Pl and winning the CL, will need a bit of luck along the way, as all knockout competitions do. That is why winning the league is the Gold Standard.

Gareth

Kilkenny Blue

What a Christmas!  Wifey got me a mint Thorens TD150 Mk1 turntable to replace my pedestrian Fluence turntable.  There's also an allowance there to get a custom made plinth made in any combination of timbers/finishes I want.  I've drooled over these for years and finally having one on the house has made a massive difference.  My daughter bought me a limited edition pressing of 21 Pilots Blurryface album and the Smiths Meat Is Murder.  Also managed to get hold of a limited edition of Spenser Davis. recently had a big birthday and one of my DJ pals gave me a copy of Lost Horizons by Lemon Jelly!  Happy days

gavin

Don't think I could go back to vinyl after all these years. Streaming is so much easier and more reliable than discs of any variety.

Neil Mcnab

Its obvious some peoples wives are much more generous than mine.  :(

Stephen Paul

Quote from: gavin on December 29, 2022, 08:22:55
Don't think I could go back to vinyl after all these years. Streaming is so much easier and more reliable than discs of any variety.
Vinyl smells better

lee

Lovely spinner the Thorens TD150.
I have a TD160 which is probably the best i have owned.Would love a Linn LP12 at some point though.

Nice prezzie that KB

Kilkenny Blue

Quote from: lee on December 29, 2022, 17:13:18
Lovely spinner the Thorens TD150.
I have a TD160 which is probably the best i have owned.Would love a Linn LP12 at some point though.

Nice prezzie that KB

Cheers Lee.  It's a gem alright.  I'd love a Linn LP12 as well, but they're hard to get and really expensive.  It was a toss up between a TD160 and the TD150 but the fact that it was a Mk1 and was mint swayed the decision.  I'll either make a new plinth (my friend has supplies locally grown kiln dried hardwoods) or get one made.  Just ordered the GoGo Penguins remix album so will give it a good blast when it arrives. 

lee

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on December 31, 2022, 00:35:25
Cheers Lee.  It's a gem alright.  I'd love a Linn LP12 as well, but they're hard to get and really expensive.  It was a toss up between a TD160 and the TD150 but the fact that it was a Mk1 and was mint swayed the decision.  I'll either make a new plinth (my friend has supplies locally grown kiln dried hardwoods) or get one made.  Just ordered the GoGo Penguins remix album so will give it a good blast when it arrives.

Get some early Tangerine Dream albums :)