News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predictions and match build up for Southampton away. EFL QF Wednesday 8pm

Started by Stephen Paul, January 08, 2023, 18:29:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

A tough midweek away trip to the south coast in which Pep will be looking to cement Citys place in the semi finals   

Neil Mcnab

Yes a long way to go, but worth it with an easy victory over sorry saints, 0-5.

KunDB

Hopefully 🤞 we can once again rest the key players for next weekends derby game. JdB, Haaland, Gundogan, Stones, Ederson and maybe Laporte to help his recovery. Nice and fresh to smash Utd.

gavin

I reckon Gundo should play and rest Bernard. Philllips will start and Rodri will rest.

Stephen Paul

Referee: Peter Bankes
Assistant Referees:Edward Smart and Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official:John Brooks

bbk

KunDB

As said earlier, I am of the view it will be much the same again as the FA Cup with the key players rested (and hungry) for the derby game. But knowing Pep, who knows.

2  0  City win

FA Cup team against Chelsea, was:

Ortega Moreno, Walker (C), Akanji, Laporte, Gomez, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Palmer, Mahrez, Alvarez, Foden

SUBS: Ederson, Phillips, Stones, Ake, Cancelo, Gundogan, Haaland, De Bruyne, Lewis

I am expecting much the same again against the Saints.

Very likely Kalvin Philips starting to give Rodri a well earned rest before the derby.

Maybe Cancelo given a chance to find his lost best form, instead of Gomez but I suspect Gomez has earned another chance.

Maybe Grealish instead of Palmer.

Expecting Alvarez again and Haaland on the bench with KdB,

We will see soon.No matter who gets picked it will be a strong team.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: bbk on January 10, 2023, 20:16:17
KdB to play to try get some form before the United game.
would expect to see him at some stage tonight

bbk

He needs to show some form before the derby to earn a place. He has been poor lately.

silvablue

KdB probably needs the rest he has been non-stop for a long time.

Another  4    0    City win.