News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

have we got used to it now?

Started by clevblue, May 09, 2015, 05:01:56

Previous topic - Next topic

clevblue

Now that we've lost the title and are clinging on to second place desperately, have you got over a bad season yet? I've come to terms with it, it just means more changes needed than there would've been this summer, so it's actually no bad thing, next season is going to be even tougher so we need to sharpen up in all areas. The main thing is keeping the interest of our best players - we don't want Silva or Aguero getting bored with leafy Cheshire do we?

I've accepted the Chelsea win, they've deserved the league, with some really good players who've worked for it, in spite of maureen's boring tactics. My son's father-in-law is a life long Chelsea fan and a nice bloke who is very ill at the moment so I'm glad for him, he took our win last season well. I still can't stand their manager though.

Will Van Gaal do better next season? Are Arsenal due another title next season? All good fun innit?

Swiss

I accepted we'd lost the title back in January time really, it would have felt hollow if we'd won it the way we'd been playing. My only shock is that we're pseudo second at the moment.

The fact we're having a "poor" season reflects on how poor Arsenal & Rags have been that they're having a good season  8)

KunDB

My personal team of Psychiatrists working day and night to help me say I am getting there, just not quite yet. But hey if the Man U fans can hope with being shit I can cope with second best for a season.

Hesperus

Same as Swiss I gave up in Jan. I've accepted it but it's left a bitter taste and I'm quite pessimistic about the coming seasons.

gavin

We should always be annoyed by failure but never arrogant enough to think that success is ours by right and expectant of it. It is near time now for a good long think about the reasons for the failure and how to address them at all levels. It has certainly not been the case that Chelsea have been that good that it would have been very hard to compete with them. We have let them get it easy really which is the real disappointment, as it was the season before last. We have not been good enough in any area of the team really.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on May 09, 2015, 12:33:43
We should always be annoyed by failure but never arrogant enough to think that success is ours by right and expectant of it. It is near time now for a good long think about the reasons for the failure and how to address them at all levels. It has certainly not been the case that Chelsea have been that good that it would have been very hard to compete with them. We have let them get it easy really which is the real disappointment, as it was the season before last. We have not been good enough in any area of the team really.

Spot on Gavin. It is hard not to conclude some players in this team are soft and lack a winners mentality. Oh and the manager blatantly failed to do his job.

Swiss

Quote from: Hesperus on May 09, 2015, 11:20:58
Same as Swiss I gave up in Jan. I've accepted it but it's left a bitter taste and I'm quite pessimistic about the coming seasons.

I'm optimistic, we failed in the first defence of our title and bounced back the year after; they do say history repeats itself!

New manager, get rid of the lethargic players, sort out the defence: Bobs our uncle!

Would like to see a genuine wide forward on the left flank if we're going 4-3-3/ 4-5-1

And to also see a midfield general with pace.

zacc

Accepted it in January though very frustrated were equal in December then watch City "give it away" for various reasons.
Injuries Yaya in ACN lack lustre performances for who knows why, manager playing same system regardless of opposition.
Then there's rarely scoring from corners with teams turning City corners into attacks & scoring so hubby now calls them "counters".
Good thing is City do them same to many of their opponents so at least getting their share of "counters" 
FFP means need to offload players see what is available to shore up midfield and defense.   
So will watch this space as per every season. 8)