News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Red Star Belgrade

Started by gavin, September 19, 2023, 18:55:46

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Dias, Ake, Gomez, Rodrigo, Bernardo, Nunes, Foden, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Carson, Phillips, Doku, Gvardiol, Akanji, Bobb, Lewis

Gomez and Nunes start

KunDB

Pep never ceases to amaze (confuse lol).

Strong team, c'mon City.

I presume Nunes will be playing more forward in midfield alongside Alvarez behind Haaland.

gavin

We should have been two or three up. Some very poor finishing again. Erling is having a stinker this season so far. We should still win this in the second half but the finishing has to improve in this and future games.

If Bernard is injured then we have severe problems.

KunDB

Misfiring early season up front. Chance after chance wasted. Just too rushed for the final action. More calm and patience needed.

KunDB

Also, our defence has been way too leaky this season. Early days kind.

gavin

We got the goals in the end but it is a concern that we are still so profligate. I was impressed with Doku again. He can create something from nothing which will help us break defensive teams down. Great from Alvarez too.

reddishblue

You picky bastards, no complaints from me.

KunDB

All good in the end but we definitely need to tighten up our defence and sharpen our finishing. That said we do not want to be 100% until after Christmas.

reddishblue

Nunes played an excellent game albeit under the radar, Nice touch, vision and movement imo. Definite potential to replace Gundog.

Stephen Paul

Good result , Alverez is the man

gavin

Alvarez is a cracking player indeed. At the moment, he is making the loss of KDB far less painful than it could have been.