News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Arse

Started by gavin, October 08, 2023, 15:49:49

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI: Ederson, Walker (C), Dias, Ake, Gvardiol, Kovacic, Lewis, Bernardo, Foden, Alvarez, Haaland

Subs: Ortega Moreno, Phillips, Stones, Grealish, Doku, Gomez, Akanji, Nunes, Bobb

No real surprises though I'm sure that we will see Doku at some stage

Stephen Paul

Average start
Haaland definitely missing KDB

chocovla

For a minute there I thought they were going to do one on us using VAR. Odegaard was doing more rollovers than your average rotisserie chicken.

And now Jesus is starting with a panto act on his own as well.

gavin

Both teams have been quite poor really. City have been better in possession up to the final third but then been poor. Still, if anyone should be ahead it should be City. I'd get Kovacic off and put Nunes on. We don't need a sending off.

KunDB

Haaland has done well to get the ball and control it to keep retention, but service to him for the most part has been lacking.

As Gavin said we have been the better of two poor teams.

We need to keep retention of the ball better, provide better balls in and around their box and Kovacic needs to stop diving in. If I was Pep I would sun him half time.

chocovla

Think we're playing quite conservative. Maybe I'd do a crazy thing and put Grealish or Doku on. Stretch the game some more and try and win it.

gavin

Another late jammy deflected goal for Arsenal against us. But we did not play well at all. A boring 0-0 draw would have been fair.

KunDB

They got a lucky break, but we should have done a lot better than we did. Early days no need to fret.

lee

turd that..wasted a good bottle of dolcetto

Neil Mcnab

Defensive battle, we narrowly lost. Foden laughing and joking coming off the pitch. Unacceptable. What did the defeat mean to him?

Hesperus

Can't believe losing Rodri is impacting us so much.

We rarely look good in the first couple of months of a season but something is worrying me about this team.

chocovla

Not worrying to much just yet. Can remember we looked horrible before the world cup and started winning right after. Just a shame we lost against this horrible Arsenal team.

lee

Pep will fix it.
Nice to Stones back yesterday.

Walker was our best player.

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Hesperus on October 08, 2023, 18:57:54
Can't believe losing Rodri is impacting us so much.

We rarely look good in the first couple of months of a season but something is worrying me about this team.
Rodri badly missed yesterday

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on October 08, 2023, 18:29:48
Defensive battle, we narrowly lost. Foden laughing and joking coming off the pitch. Unacceptable. What did the defeat mean to him?
Not nice to see that