News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Transfer Window

Started by gavin, January 04, 2024, 21:33:37

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I don't think that we will be seeing much movement from City. Kalvin Phillips could leave and maybe we would see a replacement if that happens. But other than that probably not much will happen. The January windows are  becoming dull for City. Nevertheless, the fast stream of pure bullshit on the news feeds is gathering pace already.

KunDB

The press make most of it up. We all know Kalvin Phillips will leave, loan or sale, but I will be surprised if anybody comes in of note.

The summer window was a strange one with Kovacic and Nunes, they both look as though they could work out really well but we are going to have to wait before reaching judgement.

gavin

Kovacic and Nunes both started well, went off a bit, hindered by injuries, and are now looking better again. Kovacic should be the one that should really hit the ground running given his experience at top clubs. I think it should be no surprise if Nunes takes a little time.

Swiss

I've not been that impressed with either so far.
Not dismayed, but not impressed.

Pep said on Nunes: he needs to work on his 1st touch...

gavin

It is probably good news for him that Pep says that because he won't say anything specific that is negative about Kalvin. He's generally only nice about people who are going out the door.

gavin

Quote from: Swiss on January 26, 2024, 13:37:29
I've not been that impressed with either so far.
Not dismayed, but not impressed.

I think Kovacic was our man of the match tonight. A very neat and tidy and at times driving performance from him.

Swiss

Yep, I'll take that. Played well.

Disappointed in Doku given he was ace before the injury

reddishblue

I see we've unloaded Phillips, this can only be good for our P&S  calculations.