News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Joe Hart

Started by clevblue, May 17, 2015, 09:15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

clevblue

Hart goes into Manchester City’s final away game of the season against Swansea on Sunday vying with Thibaut Courtois, Simon Mignolet and Fraser Forster for the Golden Gloves award for most clean sheets.

“The arrival of Willy Caballero was very important for Joe Hart,” Pellegrini said. “All players, not only goalkeepers, have their best performances when they have competition behind them.”

Pellegrini always asks his keeper to stop shots â€" and also start attacks.

“I have always worked with Xavi Mancisidor (GK Coach) at Real Madrid and Malaga because he knows the way I like the goalkeeper to play - not only saving goals but starting attacks,” he said.

“If you have a good goalkeeper who knows how to play football you have one player more at a lot of moments, especially in the build-up.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-citys-manuel-pellegrini-reckons-5710399

Never heard of Mancisidor, but at least he's a manc, I suppose. It's been a tough season all round, but Hart has got through it, definitely. I'd love to know what Joe really thinks about Vincent and the back four

zacc

Often would like to have been a fly on the wall in the dressing room at times like when Demichellis first came.
What Mangala thinks defence is ? Right so Nastasic is going but we're keeping Boyata etc etc
8)

gavin

I reckon Joe has had a decent enough season. He's looked dodgy every now and then as do most keepers. However I wouldn't blame him for our relatively poor defensive record overall. Despite being in contention for the highest number of clean sheets it is undoubtedly the defence that has cost us most this season.

Ludo

2 or 3 fantastic saves today if only his all round game was as good.

Swiss

Certainly can thank him. Only really one dodgy kick