News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FFP fix

Started by KunDB, May 18, 2015, 17:08:02

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

I cannot say more than what a DISGRACE. UEFA  destroy our season and then realise they cannot wipe us out of the European scene and give up easing punishment on others. I hope City go on the attack against this and sue for damages.

Michel Platini: Uefa to 'ease' financial fair play rules
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32784375

For the record UEFA have already handed out watered down punishments to the recent batch of so called offenders, Monaco, Roma etc.

Two good revealing quotes:

"The world is two-faced but we will say this openly: I think we'll ease things."

The article in Le Parisien went slightly further, suggesting the changes were a reaction to the "multiple legal actions (against FFP) currently in process, some of which are nearing conclusion".

Those legal actions are being spearheaded by Belgian lawyer Jean-Louis Dupont, who forced Uefa to overhaul its transfer rules with the Bosman Ruling in 1995.

Leewonpen

Quote from: Zabba on May 18, 2015, 17:08:02
.........I hope City go on the attack against this.

Agree with your comments but, maybe they already have, hence the start of the climb down.....?

KunDB

Quote from: Leewonpen on May 18, 2015, 17:11:52
Quote from: Zabba on May 18, 2015, 17:08:02
.........I hope City go on the attack against this.

Agree with your comments but, maybe they already have, hence the start of the climb down.....?

That is the case, well City fans and Dupont more than City. Major retreat in progress after we have been damaged mind.

KunDB

This also comes at a time Utd are reporting losses (1st Quarter loss) and spending massively on wages and transfers. 

clevblue

AND yet, Platini will carry on in a position of power, even though he has allowed mistakes to be made ( they will of course be somebody else's ) He's waiting for the old guy at Fifa to fall off the perch. HE died years ago they just forgot to bury him.

They have no shame, non whatsoever.

Lekos

I would say City are already well in the mix with the lobbying. Don't worry Cito, everything's going to be ok.

silvablue

Swaying between simmering rage and euphoria; rage that they have audaciously done this damage to us then a straight U-turn. At the same time they exonerated Liverpool's losses (stadium expenditure apparently) last year as well.

Euphoria as the holier than thou fans on Redcafe are going into meltdown and fearful of the future. Same with Gooners and Liverpool fans and all the Financial Fair Foul Play backers and supporters; of the status quo.

This Summer should be very interesting and I am sure we can now look forward to some great transfers happening. Oh good luck to our dear neighbours with the Glaziers and the debt repayment plan this Summer.

reddishblue

Dear Sheik Mansour

You may be entitled to FFP compensation. Please call us on 0870 ffpbollocks.

zacc

Backed off due to teams like Arse, in debt Utd , Cheatski etc all coming into financial over the limit play.
Plus behind the scenes salutary explanations regarding the difference between debts and investments by City's honchos.
Good news is it'll help City for next season.     

reddishblue

Very succinct Zacco. Or spot on.

bry the guy

Quote from: zacc on May 18, 2015, 22:29:13
Backed off due to teams like Arse, in debt Utd , Cheatski etc all coming into financial over the limit play.
Plus behind the scenes salutary explanations regarding the difference between debts and investments by City's honchos.

Will it help?
How will this affect the PL FFP? all Europe will have a advantage on us and its only a relaxing it not giveing up on it.

zacc

Quote from: bry the guy on May 18, 2015, 22:58:36
Quote from: zacc on May 18, 2015, 22:29:13

Will it help?
How will this affect the PL FFP? all Europe will have a advantage on us and its only a relaxing int a giveing up on it.

Was thinking more EPL allowing City to buy  players of calibre , Europe is different in that clubs vary greatly in how they're financed.

bry the guy

What i meant was we could spend what we want in Europe  but get hammered by the prem ffp{depending on what/how much is relaxed}

zacc

Quote from: bry the guy on May 18, 2015, 23:11:42
What i meant was we could spend what we want in Europe  but get hammered by the prem ffp{depending on what/how much is relaxed}

gotcha

Swiss

I imagine the prem would follow suit, it'd be commercial suicide if they didn't

bry the guy

So QPR will get off scot free while other FL clubs payed up,didnt them payments go to grass roots?

zacc

wonder if this "relaxing" (how legal a term is that? ) of the rules is a way of avoiding the present  pursuant actions?
Apparently according to the Independent

Uefa is expected to announce next month that the FFP rules will be eased to allow more owner investment - a move that will aim to nullify more than 10 legal challenges that the European governing body is now facing.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/uefa-to-relax-ffp-rules-to-allow-more-owner-investment-after-manchester-city-and-psg-argue-against-unfairness-10258643.html"

ha ha tends to concentrate the mind.

Lekos

At least Cito can relax now it's confirmed City have been lobbying.  See, told you everything would work out alright.