News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

VAR

Started by reddishblue, May 15, 2024, 22:53:06

Previous topic - Next topic

reddishblue

Wolves have proposed an end to VAR. I'm with Sweden on this.

"Football belongs to the fans"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/videos/c6pyp32n198o

gavin

Please let it be ended but it won't be.

Stephen Paul

Hopefully ended as its been farcical

gavin

City should ballot their members online and vote according with their wishes. This should be for the fans to decide.

reddishblue

Yes Gav, let the fans decide. How about VAR only being used after the game to assess the referee's competence? We could then get rid of the shit ones.

gavin

They don't know what a good referee looks like. Persistent fouling is completely ignored. As is standing over free kicks. And still keepers are never booked for time wasting until 80+ minutes even when they do it from early in the first half. I think the only keeper that I have ever seen booked in the first half for time wasting is Ederson and yet it is done at the Etihad by opposition keepers in nearly every game.

KunDB

The real problem is not VAR, it is the officials running football and the referees who are incompetent to a disgraceful and embarrassing degree.

VAR can and should be used better, but even if it is the officials will still make the wrong decisions and dawdle and dawdle to try and avoid messing up.

gavin

It did save us several minutes of agony at the end of the West Ham game but I'm still against it. Has to be said that it was a massive relief to see that disallowed.

gavin

They voted 19 to 1 to keep it. Booo Hisss. Good on Wolves for trying to get rid though.

Stephen Paul

watching the EFL is better these days 

reddishblue

A snickometer disallowed a goal for Belgium tonight. Another great advance with this technology.

reddishblue

Artificial intelligence just ruled Ronaldo offside. Something about automated offside decisions?

gavin

He looked offside by good old (laser enhanced) eyes too.