News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Negredo descent

Started by zacc, June 08, 2015, 16:44:42

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/manchester-city-s-completed-32m-transfer-leaves-club-with-huge-pr

This new fandangled way of completing transfers which involves a club loaning a player and then being contractually obliged to buy him a year later has thrown up the possibility of lots of egg on faces. It looks to be an accounting trick to delay the transfer fee appearing on spreadsheets and also to be able to amortise a deal over a longer period. Whatever it is, it's horrible.

Manchester City and Valencia got involved in such a deal last summer for Alvaro Negredo, which saw him initially go to Los Che on loan but with a condition that the Spanish club had to buy the striker for â,¬32m this summer. That has to be completed, Spanish newspaper Marca report on Monday that there has been no way out for Valencia and the deal is done.

Unfortunately Negredo hasn't been all that Valencia expected. A combination of injuries, form, and Valencia setting their sights higher has led to serious doubts over Neregdo's future. Indeed, Marca say 'Negredo has to leave. There is no other option.'

Poor Negredo doesn't want to go anywhere, despite largely being relegated to the status of a bit part player. Valencia now need to persuade Negredo that he is leaving and then find a club to buy him, with there being concern that up to â,¬15m could be lost on the operation. Valencia obviously don't want to lose so much and will try their hardest not to, but in order to bring in a replacement they need some more. It's not a case of a shortage of funds, they were bought by Peter Lim last year, but of complying with FFP.

Manchester City may be laughing all the way to the bank but Valencia have been left with a Negredo shaped problem

Ludo

It's an unfortunate situation for the guy but Valencia walked into the deal with their eyes wide open.

goat

not a problem, city can just offer 5 million for him

gavin

Not our problem but given a run of fitness he'll be a very good player fir them or anyone. Difficulty is that he does seem an injury waiting to happen.

chocovla

We could always go Italian. Offer to get him in on a loan and buy him next year for a packet of crisps and a dodgy biro.

zacc

Quote from: chocovla on June 10, 2015, 09:37:02
We could always go Italian. Offer to get him in on a loan and buy him next year for a packet of crisps and a dodgy biro.

sounds a plan 8)

Swiss

I liked Negredo but reports suggested that he wasn't happy in the rain. Good bit of business and a decent goal return from him!

ebm1991

I am a Valencia season ticket holder and it was not injuries but our other striker Paco Alcacer keeping him on the bench. Negrero coming of as sub did not do much either.

gavin

He will come good again I think.

goat

half season wonder for city, when he refused score  his contribution was dogshit, couldnt even pass it 3 yards

clevblue

Ah but that first half season was brilliant then injuries and loss of confidence it's been a real descent. If he could get it back he'd be worh it but I can't see it happening now

goat

first half he was unplayable, second he was the other kind of unplayable

i reckon there is more to it than we know, he must have been injured before in his career so why fall to bits as badly as he did this time