News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini

Started by clevblue, September 13, 2015, 06:49:17

Previous topic - Next topic

clevblue

Last season he was on his way out, now he's Manager of the Month. He puts it down to the work he's done over the summer talking to players who didn't step up last season. They certainly seem to be responding, but it'll be the CL where the changes count most and that's where Pelle needs to see success. Tough group and early injuries making it harder already, should be interesting shouldn't it?

I'm loving all this, I'm 64 and up at six thinking about City. You'd think I would've learned by now ::) Mind you, Corbyn's 66 and still dreaming of a brighter future

nimrod

Lets hope he's learned not to play 442 against the likes of Barca Clev, lets hope we are successful and he is here for another few years.

I love the way we are playing now.

gavin

It's been a fantastic start and certainly made me think about my desire to have him sacked at the end of last season. But we must not get carried away, it is only still the very start of the season and as you say we must make good progress towards winning the Chumps which is the missing trophy for us now. Nevertheless, based on what we've seen so far it is 10/10 for Pellegrini so far. Sorting Pardew out yesterday was the cream on the icing on the cake.

Neil Mcnab

The season has a long way to go. Great start. Only a very good run in the chumps league will give him any job security. 

bry the guy

Another reason i think,is,he couldnt freshen the team up much last season cos of FFP with our wage and transfer caps.

Swiss

It was the lack of desire and inspiration in the team last year. Very flat

KunDB

Very early days nought won yet.

That said I am hopeful we are seeing the tougher side of Pelle, perform or rot on the bench side. He certainlt has the squad to address any player complacency.

Tactics are better as well and more responsive. Lets hope it lasts.

bry the guy

I for one believes in him maybe this should be a poll.It seemed shit last season but were his hands tied 442 for eg the holistic way shit didnt work.

clevblue

Quote from: bry the guy on September 14, 2015, 00:47:56
I for one believes in him maybe this should be a poll.It seemed shit last season but were his hands tied 442 for eg the holistic way shit didnt work.

that was Begiristain and the other one wasn't it?

I hope Pelle does the business

zacc

I enjoyed his reaction to Pardew t'other day!!! :D