News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Juve Thread

Started by KunDB, September 15, 2015, 19:37:20

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

Ludo

Not as grim as that match tonight.

Why did we buy de Bruyne if not to play in games like these, even Navas would have been a better option than Nasri who was shit. Every sodding year it's the same old crap in Europe and we never learn.

lee

i dont now whats worse..city getting beat or a holiday in bala

Tricky Trev

Ludo

It's bad but it's not that bad.

Swiss

ha ha, it's not quite China but I am having a Wales of a time!  8)

I'm outside of Bala in a lodge, castle hopping tour of North Wales.

Did Caenarfon and then an 8 mile hike around a lake.

gavin

Very disappointing really. Fell to a typical Italian away performance. But we have five more matches.

Bony, in particular, needs to start producing. It is okay showing some nice turns but you have to finish too.

Rowley Birkin QC

I didn't see the match. Why was Kompany subbed?

Ludo

Seemed to be a calf strain.

In fairness everyone except Fernandinho and Hart could have been subbed.

Stephen Paul

Stephen Paul

i thought Fernandinio was class last night , injury free and looking good

zacc

terrible turgid game with City unable to find way through typical Italian defensive tactics!

Ludo

If by 'typical Italian' tactics you mean defending from the front by two forwards that ran their legs off, a midfield the covered every inch of ground and closed their men down quickly and defenders that actually defended - then I wish we could've been that typical.

Swiss

What were your views on Pogba?

Lekos

I'm with Ludo on this; Juventus were excellent. Our play was far too slow to do anything about it.

Thought Pogba had a good game, but wouldn't give him more than a 7/10

shandon

Juventus were like Chelsea under Moroniho before this season - boring but effective (especially in Europe obviously). I don't think they had a shot on target until about 60 minutes in?   

Neil Mcnab

We didnt take our chances.

Fernandino played well. Was Silva 100%? Bony seems like a player who has hardly played for 6 months, how can he be expected to be razor sharp. We were too slowwww. Nasri looks like he has already put as much effort as he is going to this season. Yayas back, back on a downward slope.

Pogba does not equal 70 million pounds or more. Morata impresses each time I have seen him play.

Tricky Trev

Quote from: stephenmcfc on September 16, 2015, 03:42:36
Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 15, 2015, 22:31:50
Bye bye pellers.
oh dear , we lose one bloody game

But he won't sit without cl success right?

To expand on the loss. It is so very disappointing, so incredibly disappointing to lose this game for a bunch of reasons. Firstly how well city have started the season and how poorly Juventus(1 fucking point out of 3 games) have started. If there ever was a good time to beat them it CERTAINLY was now. And yet again city makes it difficult for themselves in the cl, and it was  HOME. Nasri and bony the same old ineffective shit. Really frustrating to see the lack of progress again. But city rarely takes the easy road so fun times ahead.

bry the guy

All that and its between the English teams and the Italian teams for who will only have 3 teams in the champs league.I its England that loose the 4th place it will be city who will be blamed for loosing this game.

gavin

Who gives a toss if there is only three in the Chumps league from England. I doubt very much it will affect us - much more likely it will stop the rags getting in which I would lose no sleep over at all.