News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Team to play W Ham and match thread

Started by Paul lakes knee, September 19, 2015, 16:33:16

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

id take chan instead of him, apparently a city fan an all

Ludo

Without Silva we just lack that little bit of guile, someone with a clear head to ease the tension.

gavin

That was bloody frustrating but strangely I'm still confident we'll do well this season. I don't think we're a long way away from having a team that could walk the league. It didn't drop for us today and we didn't help ourselves in many ways but you could still see a certain class there that will tell over the season.

Lekos

Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 19, 2015, 19:29:13
I can't help but think this is typical city, and it's so god damn unnecessary to throw away a great start to the season like that. In two matches city managed to fuck the great start. Infuriating inconsistent, but it's hardly surprising. Why would pelle suddenly bring consistency to the team? Like always prepare for a roller coaster.  >:(

I can't help but think this is...Someone who sounds like a bellend.

Rowley Birkin QC

In spite of the loss, I quite enjoyed watching that. An exciting match and we threw everything but the kitchen sink at them - but some credit due to the Hammers for managing to hang on.

Moses did well, managing to thread the eye of the needle between Hart and his post - and they got lucky with the second (shouldn't have been a corner, and then more good fortune in the ensuing scramble). We had ample opportunities to score and either had no luck or were denied by West Ham's last ditch defending.

I do wish Navas would look before he puts the ball in. I think his reputation for poor delivery is starting to be recognised by opponents. I got the distinct impression that the Hammers were far more concerned about Kolarov - who they did a good of pushing out to the touch line in the first half and stopping him from getting in behind. Navas on the other hand was afford more space.

Talking of Kolarov. I like him - but he had a shocker today. Some what at fault for the first goal, anonymous for the first half and although better in the second his principal contribution was an unnecessary booking - which almost cost us dear because he almost certainly should have been given a second yellow for his dive in the box!

I'll take this on the chin. Disappointing loss, but lots to be positive about. De Bruyne is going to be very good for us.

Tricky Trev

Quote from: Lekos on September 20, 2015, 00:49:12
Quote from: TrickyTrev on September 19, 2015, 19:29:13
I can't help but think this is typical city, and it's so god damn unnecessary to throw away a great start to the season like that. In two matches city managed to fuck the great start. Infuriating inconsistent, but it's hardly surprising. Why would pelle suddenly bring consistency to the team? Like always prepare for a roller coaster.  >:(

I can't help but think this is...Someone who sounds like a bellend.

Please tell me about that time when city won the league and had a healthy lead for a good periode of time. Stay classy friend.

wigley

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on September 20, 2015, 01:13:41
In spite of the loss, I quite enjoyed watching that. An exciting match and we threw everything but the kitchen sink at them - but some credit due to the Hammers for managing to hang on.

Moses did well, managing to thread the eye of the needle between Hart and his post - and they got lucky with the second (shouldn't have been a corner, and then more good fortune in the ensuing scramble). We had ample opportunities to score and either had no luck or were denied by West Ham's last ditch defending.

I do wish Navas would look before he puts the ball in. I think his reputation for poor delivery is starting to be recognised by opponents. I got the distinct impression that the Hammers were far more concerned about Kolarov - who they did a good of pushing out to the touch line in the first half and stopping him from getting in behind. Navas on the other hand was afford more space.

Talking of Kolarov. I like him - but he had a shocker today. Some what at fault for the first goal, anonymous for the first half and although better in the second his principal contribution was an unnecessary booking - which almost cost us dear because he almost certainly should have been given a second yellow for his dive in the box!

I'll take this on the chin. Disappointing loss, but lots to be positive about. De Bruyne is going to be very good for us.
As usual, spot on with your analyses.

Lekos

Going to watch Roma play Sassoulo today. Hoping for a Dzeko hattrick after yesterday's result. Hopefully not get stabbed either.

Swiss

I was frustrated with the cm. Yaya was up to last season's work rate again...

Mangala had a bit of a mare too, as did kolarov as mentioned above.

I quite like Otamendi, he does like a tackle. Get the feeling he'll get a red at some point this season... I can see ota taking over from Mangala when Kompany is back. Though he was a moth to the flame in turin!

A couple of tweaks and we'll be fine. Silva for navas. Kompany for Mangala. Bring on Delph for when yaya can't be arsed.

And just one of those games really.

Moses should have been closed down quicker. We therefore that was from Mangala or if Fernandinho should have been chasing...

And Fernandinho made a bit of a hash for the 2nd. I actually thought yaya had scored an og until motd!!!