News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Too Nice for our own good

Started by KunDB, September 21, 2015, 23:30:08

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Saw on another forum what I have long suspected, we were statistically the second least fouled against team in 2012/13 (Villa least fouled) but for the 13/14 and 14/15 seasons we were least fouled against team. This is clearly not right when in fact we surely are fouled as much, if not more, than other teams. I should imagine we must have far more possession time on the ball than most other teams and therefore be fouled more often. This is in my opinion down to Refs not giving the fouls committed against us, and not protecting our players.

My view is that Refs kop out of giving us fouls and penalties because they know we will not roll around and do not kick up stink during or after matches about their poor decisions. Unfortunately this means teams can kick our best players to pieces and often go unpunished, like Crystal Palace did and West Ham to a lesser extent.

All in all these stats are a fair indicator to me that Refs cave in to pressure, from the likes of Jose and his team. Self protection.

gavin

Doesn't seem right to me. Saturday's referee was another stinker too.

zacc

have noticed this for some time wondering what Kun has to do to get a decision go his way?