News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Legends of Europe (Scousers)

Started by KunDB, November 21, 2015, 16:37:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Legends in their delusionary fan minds.

CITY starting 11:

Hart,

Sagna, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov,

Toure, Fernando,

de Bruyne, Sterling, Navas,

Aguero.

Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Clichy, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Delph, Kelechi

Otamendi and Fernandinho on bench?

Ludo

Strange selection at both centre back and midfield.

Surely this games too big to be f**king about.

Stephen Paul

ebm1991

In the interview Pelle said Ota and Ferna have played many games in a row and have just come back fm south america

Stephen Paul

ebm1991

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Poor distribution from Hart putting sagna under pressure,  sagna should have done better with it anyway,  and just unlucky or maybe a bit casual from manga

KunDB

Pelle just loves a fools gamble (a central defence in a big game that has not played together for a good while).

KunDB

It is team selections like this and pedestrian starts like this cost us the PL last year. No lessons learnt. Toure still strolling around watching the match.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What in the holy hell were demi and manga doing then???

KunDB

2 down due to defending chaos. Well done Pelle.

KunDB

So embarrassing.

Reality we are no PL champions in waiting.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Lekos

Hahahahaha. Really glad I left free food and free beer to come and watch this shit.

Tricky Trev

gavin

Otamendi and Fern should be playing. Pellegrini is a tit. Worst performance for years.

ebm1991

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Depth and dinho on for lazyayarse and navas

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Same story for the back four but we're looking better going forward.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

We're still coming off second best when it comes to 50/50 challenges and second balls

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Lack of confidence there for sterling for the one on one

Swiss

Quote from: BBM on November 21, 2015, 17:37:45
Poor distribution from Hart putting sagna under pressure,  sagna should have done better with it anyway,  and just unlucky or maybe a bit casual from manga
sagna was in a mile of space. It was his poor touch that let him down

KunDB

Lost that game on the teamsheet, match tactics, player motivation and a CL is all that matters attitude.

Fortress Eithihad wins titles, how many home games have we lost this season, oh and last season?

Belittled at home to an average Liverpool side. Toure pissing around 70% OF THE TIME IN 90% OF GAMES, YET FIRST ON TEAM SHEET?

Blame lies firmly with Pelle. Nice guy, but simply not good enough, sooner rather than later he has to move on.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on November 21, 2015, 19:32:23
Lost that game on the teamsheet, match tactics, player motivation and a CL is all that matters attitude.

Fortress Eithihad wins titles, how many home games have we lost this season, oh and last season?

Belittled at home to an average Liverpool side. Toure pissing around 70% OF THE TIME IN 90% OF GAMES, YET FIRST ON TEAM SHEET?

Blame lies firmly with Pelle. Nice guy, but simply not good enough, sooner rather than later he has to move on.

agree pelle got it wrong but sacking him off is just a silly comment.
losing this game does not mean we wont win the league..i cant stand the drama after a defeat..you will end up with egg on your face zabba come the end of the season

Swiss

ok, was our 3rd and 4th choice cb's... but positionally we were awful. And it's not the first time under pellers where our shape hasn't been what it should!

KunDB

Quote from: lee on November 21, 2015, 20:11:53
agree pelle got it wrong but sacking him off is just a silly comment.
losing this game does not mean we wont win the league..i cant stand the drama after a defeat..you will end up with egg on your face zabba come the end of the season

You might be right Lee, I hope you are and we win the title. My judgement is that you will be wrong.

Not drama over a loss, we lost and it is just one game, albeit sadly against Liverpool which does hurt. I did query team selection before the match, as did others, it was too massive a gamble.

The real issue, however, is our continuing ability to piss around in games and start slowly and go behind or lose a game before we get going, when we could win. Today was a good example, we should have been up for this game. A win would have opened up a gap on our main rivals and given us leeway going into the Christmas fixtures and Pelle picks a second tier team, with centre backs who are not even match sharp.

Hard facts, our home form is not convincing, our big game performances very hit and miss.  Picking Yaya time and time again to start is one of Pelle's biggest weaknesses, Yaya class as he is is now past his best and should be no more than an impact sub or picked selectively to start. Hard nosed analysis says Pelle, good as he is and nice guy as he is, is simply not good enough to achieve our ambition. I like him a lot as a person so that is a big shame, but when faults keep on happening and performances like that keep popping up you have to sit up, pay attention and make a hard nosed analysis and decision. Today when I saw the team sheet I thought do or die for Pelle. Having seen the resulting performance of the team he picked and set up today and considered past performances, I judge that he is simply not good enough, so time for him to go. Not immediately as he is not that bad, but January or end of  season, all depends who is available to replace him.

That is my judgement formed on overall performances during his time here, not one league game. Good but just not good enough especially tactically. I wanted him to succeed but sometimes you just have to accept it  is not going to happen.

You may disagree Lee,call it an overreaction but it is my considered opinion. I am no longer a Pelle fan.

Rowley Birkin QC

All right - keep your knickers on everyone. That was certainly very bad - especially the first half, where the damage was done. Not happy when I saw the team sheet and I don't see the point of resting "tired" players coming back from South America when the players you put out there look half asleep anyway!

Liverpool did a good job of getting in our faces right from the start (as you'd expect from a Klopp team - so that shouldn't have been a surprise to our coaching staff...) and our defence and central mids' confidence seem to evaporate in a puff of smoke. Letting the ball bounce, dithering on the ball, and too many pass backs to a keeper who for the first 20 minutes or so seemed to have taken leave of his senses. The own goal just sapped their self confidence even more. Worst defensive display in a very, very long time. Our boys at the other end of the pitch must have wondered what the fuck was going on. 

Rowley Birkin QC

Neil Mcnab

Yeah the defense was poor. Not a surprise the French players minds werent on it. Of course more than one eye on the game with Juve.

Yaya was a non entity - again. He is clearly a player who is already well past his best. As for an impact player from the bench, I dont see it.  Ideally he needs to be let go/replaced in the upcoming window. As for being captain, what example does his performance give? Apparently no drive, no pace, no energy, no tracking back, no pressing, somebody else will pick that runner up, no teamwork, no responsibility.

gavin

Since getting it spot on at Seville Pelle has had a stinker. So many players should be embarrassed with their performances today however it was clear before the start that the wrong team was picked. Otamendi and Fernandinho had to start. It seems they were rested for Wednesday. Fucking stupid. This isn't hindsight either, I said the exact same thing to Bry before the game. Those lads have been our best players over the last few weeks.

Pelle will have until the end of the season I'm sure but he won't go beyond that at this rate and rightly so. Absolutely awful management. We're through in the Chumps already anyway.

Swiss

Indeed about being through already. That was the time to rest players...

What did you guys think k about Delph?

Rowley Birkin QC

I thought Delph was all right. Added some much needed impetus and energy. 

Swiss

Would you say him and 'Dinho would be first choice CM's atm if we're to play this formation:

-------ST-------
FW----FW----FW
----CM---CM----
WB----------WB
-----CB--CB----
--------GK------

Neil Mcnab

Whatever formation, Yaya would not be in it.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on November 21, 2015, 21:54:33
You might be right Lee, I hope you are and we win the title. My judgement is that you will be wrong.

Not drama over a loss, we lost and it is just one game, albeit sadly against Liverpool which does hurt. I did query team selection before the match, as did others, it was too massive a gamble.

The real issue, however, is our continuing ability to piss around in games and start slowly and go behind or lose a game before we get going, when we could win. Today was a good example, we should have been up for this game. A win would have opened up a gap on our main rivals and given us leeway going into the Christmas fixtures and Pelle picks a second tier team, with centre backs who are not even match sharp.

Hard facts, our home form is not convincing, our big game performances very hit and miss.  Picking Yaya time and time again to start is one of Pelle's biggest weaknesses, Yaya class as he is is now past his best and should be no more than an impact sub or picked selectively to start. Hard nosed analysis says Pelle, good as he is and nice guy as he is, is simply not good enough to achieve our ambition. I like him a lot as a person so that is a big shame, but when faults keep on happening and performances like that keep popping up you have to sit up, pay attention and make a hard nosed analysis and decision. Today when I saw the team sheet I thought do or die for Pelle. Having seen the resulting performance of the team he picked and set up today and considered past performances, I judge that he is simply not good enough, so time for him to go. Not immediately as he is not that bad, but January or end of  season, all depends who is available to replace him.

That is my judgement formed on overall performances during his time here, not one league game. Good but just not good enough especially tactically. I wanted him to succeed but sometimes you just have to accept it  is not going to happen.

You may disagree Lee,call it an overreaction but it is my considered opinion. I am no longer a Pelle fan.

yeh the pain of losing to the dippers is not nice...they used to give us a good hiding often at maine road years ago

gavin

Shame we have to wait until March to right this wrong. All the bollocks around about how they great they are is doing my tree in. Never mind, they'll fuck up again soon enough I'm sure.