News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who goes, who stays and who do we buy?

Started by Swiss, May 15, 2015, 15:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

lee

im glad to see the back of richards..and his smile  :)

Swiss

Potentially could have been a great rb but I blame Pearce trying to turn him into a cb and then micah bulking up

lee

richards always reminds me of a rugby league player

goat

Quote from: Swiss on July 07, 2015, 18:52:02
Potentially could have been a great rb but I blame Pearce trying to turn him into a cb and then micah bulking up

he had no positional sense at fullback or in the middle, shit he should have learned as a kid

Swiss

yer, he did use his pace and power to get him out of trouble.

I still blame Pearce though

goat

the trouble his shitness got him in to start with

aye, blame pearce but we all know that toy thing was the real brains of the operation

Swiss

His lucky horse ...

Worst thing was, pearce in charge if the U-21's!

goat

gavin

Micah was very good in the first title win season, was keeping Zabba out of the team until he got one of his injuries.

I'd like to see some action in the transfer market now - only four weeks until the season kicks off.

Leewonpen

Quote from: gavin on July 08, 2015, 21:29:48
I'd like to see some action in the transfer market now - only four weeks until the season kicks off.

Compared with 2 years ago (Negredo, Navas etc) when business was done with quiet efficiency, this has the makings of a shambles.......Pogba, too expensive, Sterling too expensive, De Bruyne?......Delph it is then

Swiss

We'll end up with Rodwell, garcia and a.n.other!

nimrod

Ludo

Who gives a fuck what the papers say?

If we buy him it's because the club wants to, regardless of the price. We'll have bought a young, exciting, potentially world class player.

But this is City, so we'll have the naysayers, the 'grass is always greener' people, the foreign is always best people and assorted 'I know better' people.

Swiss

So with the pending transfer of sterling we now have:

Joe Hart
Richard Wright (Signed a new contract)
Geal Clichy
Raheem Sterling (Pending)

4 down, 4 to go

nimrod

Quote from: Ludo on July 09, 2015, 23:13:50
Who gives a fuck what the papers say?

If we buy him it's because the club wants to, regardless of the price. We'll have bought a young, exciting, potentially world class player.

But this is City, so we'll have the naysayers, the 'grass is always greener' people, the foreign is always best people and assorted 'I know better' people.

take my posts with a pinch of salt    :D

Ludo

Quote from: Swiss on July 12, 2015, 23:20:18
So with the pending transfer of sterling we now have:

Joe Hart
Richard Wright (Signed a new contract)
Geal Clichy
Raheem Sterling (Pending)

4 down, 4 to go

Do we really need to buy another 4 'homegrown' players it's not compulsory.

Swiss

you can reduce the squad of 25. So so far we can register 21 players.
U-21 players don't count towards the total (but sort of do if we're counting HG and we don't have a full squad). I prob haven't explained that well...

What I'm hoping we do, when we sell Dzeko and Jovetic, is use Ian Nacho... That's up to 5.

I forgot to add Denayer at CB, that's 6.

So in reality, we only need 2 more.

I'm still unsure if Pogba & De Bruyne count as HG...

Swiss

Pogba signed for the rags on the 7th October 2009 (Aged 16) and left July 2012 ( aged 19)

To me that's less than 3 calendar years...

De Bruyne does not count towards HG. He joined chavski's at age 21

Ludo

Surely the quota rules we can have a maximum of 17 'foreign' players the other eight places could be made up from homegrown and kids?