News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Who goes, who stays and who do we buy?

Started by Swiss, May 15, 2015, 15:11:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

You decide what City looks like next season!!

Sell:

GK: Cabellero (£1m)
LB: Clichy (£7m)
CB: Boyata (£500K)
RB: Sagna (£1m)
LM: Nasri (£15m)
CM: Toure, Fernando (£6m + loan is prob what we can get...)
RM: N/a
ST:  Dzeko, Jovetic (£20m, £15m)

Out on loan
Scott Sinclair =£3m
Negredo = £25m
Guidetti = £3m
Lampard = £0

Free: Milner likely to leave: Micah Richards
Total return = £96.5m
Add to rumoured "warchest": £150m + 96.5m = £246.5m

Keep:
GK: Hart & Wright (2 x HG)
LB: Kolarov
CM: Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala
RB: Zabaleta
LM: N/A
CM: Silva, Fernandino
RM: Navas
ST: Aguero, Bony

First team squad size = 12, max = 25 (unlimited U21's) need 6 x HG (quota is 8).
Diference = 13 players...

GK: Promote Angus Gunn Free (1xHG)
LB: Promote Angelino: at 18 he should be pushing for the first team and we hear good things about him... Free (1 x HG)
CB: Keep Rekik or Denayer this year as 4th choice: Free (1 x HG)
RB: John stones at Everton: £8mil (1 x HG)
LM: Bale: £80m (1 x HG): Promote Brandon Barker Free (1 x HG)
AM/WG: De Brunye: £35m
CM: Schniederlin (£15m) & Pogba (£50m)
ST: Promote Iheanacho Free (1 x HG)

Leaves Approx £58m & 2 places to fill. HG quota filled.

Simple right!?

----------------Aguero---------------------
Bale----------------------------De Brunye
---------------Silva---------------------------
-------Pogba----------Scniederlin---------
Kolarov------------------------------Zabaleta
------------Demi---------Kompany-----------
------------------Hart--------------------------

Who would you buy and how would you set up?

Neil Mcnab

I agree with most. As others have said, Kolarov is playing well, but angling for a move. I cant see him staying if his mates go. Rumours of Cresswell coming in, but would like to see Angelino get his chance.

I cannot see us getting Pogba, so Axel Witsel maybe. Schneiderlin as well.

I can see Real Madrid coming for Aguero. If he wants to go, we should respect his wishes.(He is the best player in our league, great attitude/will to win and work rate - gutted to see him go). Bale and Benzema from them should be part of the package.

Lavezzi is not playing at PSG, I think he has a year on his contract left, decent back up.

Navas is not good enough. Sterling is itching for a move, just concerned by his attitude/antics.

De Bruyne, Reus would be better.

Swiss

Kolarov only wanted a move because Clichy kept getting in ahead of him, but now he's proving his worth.

I don't see why we won't be competing for Pogba? TBH I don't know that much about him other than what I've read which tends to be "Great energy, good on the ball, box to box...". I know even less about Witsel.

Pellers has issued a "hands off" warning for Aguero. I can't see us selling our greatest striker ever (in my memory)!

I did think about Benzema but... if we're playing 1 up top, do we need 4 strikers?

We've been linked with Levazzi since the Tevez departure... Not sure he's as good as Tevez and I'd rather just give our youth Strikers a bish bash bosh!

You're right, Navas has been poor... But he's still got the most assists in the league for City this year with 8. If he can add goals to his game then he could come good...

Swiss

If we're buying Reus, might as well Gotze as well!

Neil Mcnab

Swiss

Hesperus

Pogba, Sterling and Bale in. Re-sign Richards. Cliches, Dzeko, Jovetic, Miller, Ya Ya out.

Cloud cuckoo land!

Neil Mcnab

Gotze - who ate all the pies then.

I believe Yaya, Jovetic and Dzeko will definitely go. Milner and Richards wont be employed by us shortly as their contracts end. Fernando is slow and cant pass forward. Valencia have committed to sign the beast. Nasri tried really hard for his first game, after that? Sinclair/Boyata have a year on their contracts, whats the point.
Navas is a trier, but disappointed in his assists and goal contribution.

We are in a race with PSG to see who can win the Chumps league first, bragging rights in the middle east.

Ludo

We can't count any money for Negredo,wasn't that taken into account last season?

Swiss

Rowley Birkin QC

Top thread this! Well done Swiss - and who have contributed so far.

Ludo

Quote from: Swiss on May 16, 2015, 00:03:08
they haven't paid up yet!

No, but it's already been accounted for in FFP.

Swiss

There were rumours that they weren't going to... Not sure how water tight the contract to buy him is. Said to be for E27m: Let's hope we agreed it in sterling!

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on May 15, 2015, 21:29:32
Gotze - who ate all the pies then.

I believe Yaya, Jovetic and Dzeko will definitely go. Milner and Richards wont be employed by us shortly as their contracts end. Fernando is slow and cant pass forward. Valencia have committed to sign the beast. Nasri tried really hard for his first game, after that? Sinclair/Boyata have a year on their contracts, whats the point.
Navas is a trier, but disappointed in his assists and goal contribution.

We are in a race with PSG to see who can win the Chumps league first, bragging rights in the middle east.

:D I thought there was some sort of sausage incident akin to the:

Bit of a rude song, don't play if your gran is near!

I fully expect Lots of people to be in for the 3 top targets there: Bale, Pogba & De Bruyne... But we can compete!

Neil Mcnab

Things move on - mobile phones, used to gerbils didnt it.

De Bruyne has showed well in the Bundesliga. So did Kagawa. Its big money, no player is certain to be successful, but its more of a gamble with De Bruyne.

Bale would be as near as certain success, but the only reason we might get him is if he agreed to be part of a deal taking Kun to Madrid.

Pogba - league champion - champions league finalist. Stepping down to come to us? I see PSG in his homeland more likely.

Swiss

That was Richard Gere (allegedly)!  ;D

I agree, De Bruyne is a gamble... but covers both wings and through the centre. He's young and could be with the team for many years.

As see Bale as maybe wanting to go to utd (boo). Giggs is his hero afterall! But I would expect us to go for him.
Bales stock has publicly gone down this year, a big enough bid without Kun could be enough for them to cut their losses.

Not really a step down if we're both in the Champs league, OK they're finalists but they wont be there every season and there's more money in the prem... . Has said (again allegedly) that he'd come back to the Prem.

nimrod

Id like to just get Bale, Pogba & a top class CB

team doesnt need much, but mgr isnt top class defensively (obviously)

Nasri - Yaya - Dzeko out

Swiss

We're going to need a pair of CM's with Toure and Lampard going. Possibly Milner add another cm/ winger.
Add another winger anyway

Looks like Robbens being linked; I like him, but at 31 and made of glass, I can't help but feel we should be looking elsewhere

Swiss

We're being linked to this 20-year old left back. Bit of a kick in the teeth to Angelino... but he looks ok in this vid, even if the standard of footy looks awful in places... Plays for Ausberg. Cameo for De Brunye too

Swiss

De Brunye scored a 20 yarder in the German cup final as wolf's burg won 3-1 against Dortmund

goat

dont get excited, the dortmund keeper made hart look like buffon