News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chelski Thread

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, April 16, 2016, 16:42:00

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Starting XI

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Nasri, De Bruyne, Aguero.

Zab not had much game time and I would have prefered to see him start against a lower table team at home for him to get his confidence and fitness back up.

The Mang and Ota partnership seems to be getting better as each game goes by. Jinx sorted.

Let's hope Dinho has got his running boots on to cover the lack of tracking back from Yaya, Nas and Kolo.

Be interesting to see how Nas gets on whether that be on the wing or supporting Kun.

gavin

Hart, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Nasri, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Demichelis, Fernando, Delph, Bony, Kelechi

Pretty much as expected, a few changes but still a very strong side.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Some really good attacks in the first few minutes but then chelski just started doing what everyone else does and bypasses our non existent midfield. Defenders trying to pass from the back and putting themselves under pressure. Kun having to come deep to pick up the ball but seems to have tunnel vision with his passing.

Yaya needs to get involved more and I'd be happy for Dinho to stay in our half for the rest of the game.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Pellers reading my comments and making life easier

The Blue Blooded Maniac

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Swiss

half decent first half for us, hould have got more shots in though, thought navas had te goal at his mercy but took a touch

gavin

Good half of football, good half from City. We should have scored more but might well have conceded. Fernandinho has given the ball away far too much. Still no real sign of the real Sergio tunring up yet he has 18 goals from 19 goals. Weird innit, but I swear he can do much, much better than he is. Yaya needs to get himself in the game more. Hart needs a kick up the arse and be told to stop putting defenders under pressure.

lee

agree about fern and yaya...

infact id bring the other fern on and take yaya off...

Swiss

I'd bring ob delph than the other fern

The Blue Blooded Maniac

I agree with the delphness.

Maybe take nas off instead cos we need Yaya to make attacks

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Two goals from counter attacks. What the funk???

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Sub kun now.

For nacho of course.

KunDB

A superb all round performance today with every player giving 100%.

Sublime and a joy to watch.

Great that Sergio got a hat trick.

Swiss

Good win, stepping closer to the automatic champs place, now come on Palace!

lee

we played like champions...well done lads

Tricky Trev

Thoroughly impressed, I can barely remember the last time. Just what the doctor ordered.

Otamendi should really learn how to stay on his feet, so very very lucky today.

gavin

Hopefully we're coming to form just at the right time to challenge to get to the final. Another couple of wins this week will see us well clear of the rags. Great stuff, well done City. Much needed boost for Sergio.

KunDB

The defeat at home to Utd was the first time I had seen Pellegrini angry about a performance and rightly so. I think whatever happen in the dressing room has saw a huge change in attitude, application and work rate. We are playing as s team now and working hard.

bry the guy

That was the first time i have really enjoyed a city game for a while though, i thought with a bit of luck we could have had a few more goals.I also felt a bit Sorry for Chelsea because we would`nt give them a go of the match ball and felt they should of given them a ball to play with so they didn`t feel left out.

Rowley Birkin QC

Excellent win. As lee said - my first thought at the final whistle was we played like Champions. A shame we won't be...

Our defence looked a little shaky and Kosta a real threat for the first half an hour and I suspect most of us were thinking "we'll be fortunate to keep a clean sheet here", but we settled and pretty much took control as the game went on.

A very good all round performance from everyone. Yaya and Fernandinho were very good (yes - Fernandinho gave the ball away too cheaply in the first half as gavin mentioned, but I thought he got far more right than he got wrong). De Bruyne was outstanding and Aguero just sublime. I was a little less happy with Nasri who broke up the tempo of several of our more promising build-ups with pointless back-passes, but his pass to Aguero for the second made up for it. I'm sorry if he's picked up another injury. Cracking goal!

My only complaint was perhaps the last 5 minutes (after Aguero went off) when we stopped playing really. That might sound picky but Chelsea could easily have spoiled that clean sheet and Iheanacho only touched the ball about twice for the whole time he was on.

Really good to finally stuff Chelsea at their place!