News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Is Sergio the best City player you have ever seen?

Started by gavin, December 04, 2014, 20:28:49

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

On current form I reckon he is the best player I've ever seen in a City shirt. He reached the same dizzy heights for a short time last season before getting injured. Hopefully this season he can stay fit and move from already being a City legend to being THE best player that any of us have ever seen at City.

bluebrendan

Certainly Aguero, Silva and Colin Bell would be my personal top three, I wouldn't like to put them in any particular order, all great players for the club.

gavin

Silva is a great player, I'd just like to see him score a few more goals. I'm not asking for prolific but he should certainly get more than he does. Though his recent goal was pure class.

bluebrendan

I'm happy enough with Silva setting up chances but I reckon he would score more if he was played in a pure No.10 role rather than as a nominal wide player who drifts infield.

citoeast

Been watching City for over 40 years and Bell, Summerbee and Lee were very good to watch, I can never forget those days.

I believe Sergio, however, is our best ever player. Silva second best with Colin Bell.

andy1966

For his goal ratio maybe , and  he is the man of the moment
but as you know , over the years there have been many great city legends who at their time were also the man of their moment ,apart from those already mentioned
The likes of

Kid
Law
Marsh
Hartford
Kinkladze
Goater
Rosler
and recently even Tevez
all who in their time stepped up to the plate and pleased the fans and grabbed headlines for City

Franny Lee was mentioned , and great as he was , would he have even been fit enough to even get in a premiership side these days ?

shandon

Yes narrowly edging out Kevin Horlock  8)
But I've only been watching City games since 2000-01.

Rowley Birkin QC

goat

best as in technique , ali b

best as in making an impact, aguero

Paul lakes knee

Yes.
I was just thinking about this the other day- if I were to do an all time city XI since '78 when I started supporting City, it would be made up almost entirely of the current squad, what about the older ones on here? What would the older one on here think?

Stephen Paul

Sergio is fantastic at the moment but Also Silva and Bell for me

clevblue

Quote from: citoeast on December 04, 2014, 21:31:11
Been watching City for over 40 years and Bell, Summerbee and Lee were very good to watch, I can never forget those days.

I believe Sergio, however, is our best ever player. Silva second best with Colin Bell.

Me too

Ludo

I doubt there'd be any players from my era that would make it into this team with the exception of Colin Bell and possibly Mike Doyle if only for his sheer passion.

bry the guy

clevblue

Joe mercer said that Pete Doherty was the best all-round footballer he'd ever seen

"Peter Doherty also played 16 times for Northern Ireland where developed a great partnership with Alex Stevenson. In his book, Manchester City: The Complete Record, Gary James argues that Doherty was "a complete footballer and an exciting attacker" who many supporters consider as "the greatest City player of all time."

He was before our time so we can't judge, Sergio is the best I've ever seen definitely, and I'm an old fart who only heard about Doherty as a kid