News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini gone....

Started by Ludo, March 20, 2016, 18:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

After the championship winning season of 2014 we might have been in a bit of a decline but we still managed to finish 2nd to a very good and rejuvenated Chelsea team last time out. Our deterioration over the last few months has been nothing short of disastrous.

Yes we've been plagued by injuries but that doesn't stop those players selected playing with a bit of heart and passion; it doesn't stop Pellegrini selecting the odd youth team player when appropriate. Take this game for example. United's biggest threat was pace, so why does Pellegrini select de Michelis? Possibly because he doesn't really care what happens anymore. But having been selected doesn't mean he can't put a bit of effort in, maybe take a yellow by putting rashface in the air first opportunity he gets.

And poor as de Michelis was it was our slow and labourious play up front that was more of a problem. Silva looks like he doesn't want to be there anymore and Bony looks like he never wanted to be there. I know Silva's playing with an ankle injury but that shouldn't affect  his ability to pass the ball a little  quicker (maybe avoiding the tackles that brought the injury in the first place) and I know Bony had malaria but if he's deemed fit to play it shouldn't affect his ability to trap a ball, shoot straight or recognise what colour shirt his team mates play in.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on March 21, 2016, 08:47:58
I know Silva's playing with an ankle injury but that shouldn't affect  his ability to pass the ball a little  quicker (maybe avoiding the tackles that brought the injury in the first place)

Maybe it does? I'd say he's playing at about 75% of his top form level. Most of his current game looks more than a little laboured - and yes, his decision making is laboured as well. There's something clearly bothering him.

Rowley Birkin QC

alexsam

Over 50 injuries this season have not helped but any manager who can pick Bony and MDM is a fool or is not bothered

He has finished MDM now with the nervous comments so he will not kick a ball again for City.

Bony over Inacho is a disgrace. That bloke has been robbing a living since he arrived.

Utd play youth, why don't we.

I despair that we have some games left this season

gavin

I would put a decent amount of cash on Demi playing again this season. Bony will also stay ahead of Nacho. Too bloody stubborn old man.

Swiss

Demi out of necessity I imagine: Though Tosin could do with a bit of experience

lee

it's not just the rag match demi has been shit it's every time he's played most goals scored against us have been down to him being dogshit..im with alex..i hope we never see him a city shirt again!

remember the level of abuse richard edghill took at a match at maine road when got took off..poor guy didnt deserve that but demi does...fuckin smiling all the time when he's shit

gavin

I don't think he deserves any stick. He does his best. His best has often not been good enough though. I tend to think we were rather fortunate it all fell together at the back for the end of the 13/14 season.