News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini gone....

Started by Ludo, March 20, 2016, 18:46:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

...off in a huff.

Apparently he's stormed out of the post match press conference.

KunDB

I would love him to explain why even a player like Silva has develoepd a habit of not playing the early pass, taking a turn backwards and holding up play. I suspect because he now knows tere will be no players ahead of him other than Aguero who will be heavily marked by the opposition. No misfield runners, no overlapping defenders. I would also like him to explain why our passing is so shit now.

Best thing now is for him to step down, best for all parties.

Ludo

I didn't at the time think that the Guardiola announcement would make much difference but it obviously has. If we weren't in the quarter-finals of the champions league I think he'd go now.

gavin

I don't think there is any excuse for him. His decisions are very strange a lot of the time.

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on March 20, 2016, 18:58:17
I didn't at the time think that the Guardiola announcement would make much difference but it obviously has. If we weren't in the quarter-finals of the champions league I think he'd go now.

Pellers forced the announcement

Ludo

Perhaps he did but it's definitely had a detrimental effect on our season.

gavin

I think it has had very little impact. The causes are poor form of players, a number of key injuries and poor managerial decisions. I don't think that the players aren't trying. That decision isn't causing injuries. I think the manager is making his own decisions with best intentions.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on March 20, 2016, 20:55:04
I think it has had very little impact. The causes are poor form of players, a number of key injuries and poor managerial decisions. I don't think that the players aren't trying. That decision isn't causing injuries. I think the manager is making his own decisions with best intentions.

I agree with the gest of that, but the managers wrong decisions and tactics send out the wrong message to players.

Pelle is now paying for that policy and seeing poor performances from underperforming players who do not feel under threat to perform under his reign.

Tactically we are one dimensional and too slow and deliberate, lacking pace in attack and purpose. Pelle again has shown he will not give youth a chance, even today when we are desperately short of players, Kelechi and Adarbioyo sitting on the bench and sitting at home. That is an absolute disgrace and a failure of a failed manager. Meanwhile a walking disaster and a statue play, one from the start and the other as our last roll of the dice replacing the walking disaster too late. Just awful decisions by a stubborn failed manager.

Was any City fan that surprised by that dreadful showing today?

Swiss

I agree and go so far as to say the signs were showing last season that were not corrected and have only grown worse.

Yes key injuries have taken their toll but some of the players that have been brought in over the last 2 years do not have that winning mentality or skill to push the team forward and yet these are picked time and time again.

Annoying and there seems to be no reaction from most of the players.

Yaya as captain is a shocking decision.

clevblue

It is a mess, and has got worse since the Pep annojncement without a doubt. The i juries also have got worse making an overall carcrash which nobody can see improving over the remaining games.. We just have to hope it doesnt get too embarrassing. 

Im looking for a strong side against PSG with returning players and a bit of drive, a good result in Paris will be a great lift

nimrod

He's a great manager, he's managed to completely fuck up Mancini's great team

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm as pissed off with Pellegrini's team choices and tactics as much as anyone - but I can't shake the impression that he has had only a very limited say in the players we've bought in the last couple of years.

clevblue

Maybe so, anyway its worth noting that if the rags keep winning against the big teams, Van gaal could well get another season!!! Not all bad today then

Rowley Birkin QC

This is what I've been trying to say. To my eyes we've been going slowly, but steadily downhill since  the beginning of last season (long, long before Pep's possible arrival loomed on the horizon). There have been a few 'peaks' here and there, but the general trend has been downhill.

Pellegrini certainly has some dreadful blind-spots, which have left us seemingly moribund and stuck in a tactical rut. But undoubtedly injuries, and (to some extent) poor form and poor player acquisition are not all down to him, and they have little to do with the Pep situation IMO. 

Bottom line: For all the money recently spent I don't think we have enough shots in the locker (and a fair few duds). This is a right multi-layered mess of shit we've got ourselves into and we're going to have to find some fight to crawl our way out.

nimrod

For me the players seem to have no real passion for this club, (with a couple of exceptions)

The team looks to have very little desire to win, if you add this to his baffling tactics

Its mostly down to him, his job is to get the team firing and wanting to go out there and win....massive fail............. and pick the right players to tactically win the game

Today he allowed United to play to their one strength, speed, by leaving gaps in our midfield and playing an old statue in defense when Sagna couldve played there

I honestly think City would struggle in the Oz A league right now

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: nimrod on March 21, 2016, 01:44:37
For me the players seem to have no real passion for this club, (with a couple of exceptions)

The team looks to have very little desire to win, if you add this to his baffling tactics

Its mostly down to him, his job is to get the team firing and wanting to go out there and win....

There does seem to be a lack of desire amongst some of the players. For me, a lot of the time they don't work hard enough for each other (never mind Pellers).

But having said that - what puzzles me is that all the noises coming out of the club these past couple of seasons have been all about how popular with 'everyone' Pellegrini is supposed to be. Players all say they like him. This charming man blah, blah, blah...

So why don't they PLAY for him?

Most games these days, I usually catch myself thinking at some point (as yet another move breaks down with a shit pass) -"The players don't know where each other are. They look poorly organised, hesitant and lacking in confidence. The players don't know what to do!"

nimrod

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on March 21, 2016, 01:59:23
There does seem to be a lack of desire amongst some of the players. For me, a lot of the time they don't work hard enough for each other (never mind Pellers).

But having said that - what puzzles me is that all the noises coming out of the club these past couple of seasons have been all about how popular with 'everyone' Pellegrini is supposed to be. Players all say they like him. This charming man blah, blah, blah...

So why don't they PLAY for him?

Most games these days, I usually catch myself thinking at some point (as yet another move breaks down with a shit pass) -"The players don't know where each other are. They look poorly organised, hesitant and lacking in confidence. The players don't know what to do!"

Maybe they like him because they get an easy ride, unlike Mancini who made them work .

I cant imagine how the Sheikh must be feeling, all this money and were very shit. Most of the players are worth a mere fraction of what he paid.

Rowley Birkin QC

Our Arab friends will be very pissed off if we don't make top four and the Chumps League. It's not about the money for them (obviously) - it's about profile and brand exposure. That's why they bought the club in the first place.

I can't make up my mind it it's lack of motivation in the players (Pellers is 'too nice', to use your argument nimmers), or the players don't actually understand what is expected of them (Pellers can't coach/manage), or some of the players simply aren't capable of doing what is expected of them (they're a lot shitter than their price tags and pre-City reputations suggested).

Could be a combination of all three.

Swiss

Cabellero & Demichelis are Def pellegrini signings.
I think Delph & sterling have been forced on us due to the HG rule. I like Delph but too injury prone and Sterling still has age on his side

Stephen Paul

the team is lacking all over the pitch now as before we could carry Bony and a couple of others
Maybe if Kidd took over until the end of the season things might improve