News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CFA opens

Started by gavin, December 08, 2014, 13:41:23

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Great news and it looks excellent. I went over the bridge on Saturday and it is very handy. Nice touch to have Tony Book open it and the main road into it is called Allison Way.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/December/City-Football-Academy-opens-announcement

But who invited that twot Osborne?

zacc

Wow tis a pinch yerself moment eh ?
Looking forward to getting up there and having a proper look.

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on December 08, 2014, 13:41:23
Great news and it looks excellent. I went over the bridge on Saturday and it is very handy. Nice touch to have Tony Book open it and the main road into it is called Allison Way.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2014/December/City-Football-Academy-opens-announcement

But who invited that twot Osborne?

The Council probably, they need to keep central government sweet so they get more regeneration funds. Equally the government won't want to upset the Emirates because of the vast amount of money they spend.

Ludo

Is there any public access to parts of it or will we just see it from the outside?

Zabba

Everything about this CFA is mind blowing as is the generosity and contribution to the local area. this is what the press needs to focus on and UEFA.

The Club donated 5.5 acres of remediated land within the CFA on which the Connell sixth form college was built and a pitch for use by the local community.

The Club also donated £3m million pounds to the creation of public swimming facilities in the local East Manchester Leisure centre and made the bridge, connecting the City Football Academy to the Etihad Stadium, a public right of way for use by its fans and the wider community.

The City in the Community Scheme which touches 45,000 lives a year with 400,000 individual contacts.

gavin

It is fair to say that that whole area is unrecognisable. What with the colleges and the big leisure centre that City part funded as well as the Academy itself. They've done more for East Manchester than any government ever has.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: gavin on December 08, 2014, 20:03:06
They've done more for East Manchester than any government ever has.

Absolutely.

andy1966

What about the government that built the commonwealth games stadiums in the first place ?, and no i'm not a labour supporter
Osborne also donated 50 million quid of  tax money for more artificial pitches and coaches in football a sport that is already awash with money , Why ?

Last year Osborne visited Thoresby colliery in Nottingham (one of our three remaining pits) on the visit they asked him for £10 million to exploit new faces and secure the jobs of the 700 miners employed there
He said he would have a word with Cameron to see if they could find the money
A month later they found the £10 million , but instead of giving it to Thoresby mine , they gave it to UK Coal to close the pit , demolition and for clearing the site and landscaping
I wonder if he would have got back to the surface  alive if the two faced little twot had told them the truth ?

gavin

Stadium was built by Sport England lottery money and the council not government.

Leewonpen

It has been a tremendous investment by the owner but, IMO it will count for little unless we actually see youth progressing to the first team......

City Slicker

Can anyone explain to me how this centre wont or cant develop our own youngsters?no expense has or is being spared so its inevitable!

goat

Quote from: Leewonpen on December 09, 2014, 21:34:02
It has been a tremendous investment by the owner but, IMO it will count for little unless we actually see youth progressing to the first team......

aye, can have all the fancy pitches in the world but if the coaches are shit its pointless

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh, have a little faith some of you...  :)

andy1966

Quote from: gavin on December 09, 2014, 19:40:49
Stadium was built by Sport England lottery money and the council not government.

Council = local government
Funded by central government
which is the government

gavin

Local government is partly funded by the central government and partly by council tax. You cannot say that everything done by local government is funded by central government not least because central government quite often disapproves of what councils do with their money.

Most of the funding for the stadium came from Sport England lottery money anyway.

Lekos

Flogging a dead horse there Gav.