News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Best of luck if you want to watch EPL on a big screen in Aus next season!

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, May 04, 2016, 05:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

It's all a bloody rip off, but the equivalent of 40 odd quid for every premier league match is still cheaper than the UK at around 50 quid plus line rental (another 17 quid or so), and we don't get to watch all the games.

BT Sport are the best value in my eyes. It's just an extra fiver if you've got the interweb with them for all the Champs + Europa league games and loads of Serie A and Bundesliga (only one Premier League game a week though).

Rowley Birkin QC

Captive market here though. At least in the UK I could say "f***k off" and put the money towards a season ticket. 

Lekos

Aye, fair enough. You should probably just hook your PC up to your TV and get some decent streams to watch for free.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - that's the plan. I'm already an Optus cable broadband subscriber - so I'm hoping i'll get the computer stream version which I can then watch on the TV via the network. Won't be very good resolution, but better than nothing. Not happy though.

zacc

do you get access to 3 o'clock games with Optus when in Malaysia we did with Astro plus repeats of all PL games  through the week.
Here 3 o'clocks are not shown

Rowley Birkin QC

I'm not sure how the new Optus coverage will work Zacc, but at the moment FoxTel gives us every EPL game live - no matter what time.

shandon

Well we will at least get one SBS game a week now  :-[
I think I will watch the Euros then look at what's best for next season.

Rowley Birkin QC

shandon