News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at Madrid

Started by gavin, May 04, 2016, 19:35:44

Previous topic - Next topic

ebm1991

Even KDB looks shite today

bluepill

We're fucking useless at keeping the ball without silva. Forwards and midfield really need to move the ball around quicker to create space without losing it.

ebm1991

Suppose its lucky we played Real because Bayern would be up 5 or 6 by now

bluepill

out with a whimper. kinda gutted as the campaign has not been like that at all.

goat

thanks for winning the league the  other year, traa pelle

Ludo

It's a good thing we rested all those players on Sunday because we looked so sharp and full of energy tonight......

Mcfc_ms

What a piss poor performance that was. Didn't even try to score at all and put no effort in all game

No shots on target in 2 full games.

ebm1991

Absolute shite. Not the semi final i imagined!

zacc

dear oh dear looked aimless, a team with an eye on the exit door not just for this competition but out of the club.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on May 04, 2016, 21:40:27
It's a good thing we rested all those players on Sunday because we looked so sharp and full of energy tonight......

I've not been able to watch a single minute of that, but the impression I get trawling the various text feeds is that our tempo was dreadfully slow.

How can we not have been up for this game?

Swiss

Quote from: goat on May 04, 2016, 20:51:56
yaya  looks well up for it eh

id have  brought pelle on for him

But which would have a had the limpest performance  ;D

I was setting myself up for a 5-1 loss so I'm not too unhappy to go down to a fluke goal. But I don't think we were clever enough to deserve a win on the whole.

Our movement, positioning, passing, work rate and skill not up to standard.

Still proud of our firsts semi  ;D

goat

without silva the team dont have a clue

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 04, 2016, 21:43:26
I've not been able to watch a single minute of that, but the impression I get trawling the various text feeds is that our tempo was dreadfully slow.

How can we not have been up for this game?

Struggled to pass the ball

zero positioning sense with huge gaps in the CM

Aguero isolated and swamped

+ all uual problems this season

gavin

We just didn't show any quality going forward really. I don't think going gung ho was the answer. We had creative, good players but they weren't creative, didn't play well enough. Very disappointing. At least we were never out of it and we can play much, much better. I think that hopefully the lads still here next season will be able to build on this knowing that they are well capable of making and winning the final if they actually play well.

We've only very rarely played well this season unfortunately.

Rowley Birkin QC

I told you lot back in 2012 that we should have made Luka Modric an offer he couldn't refuse.

I have to say, once I knew Silva wasn't going to make it I had concerns about this game. But even so, the lack of simple effort is very disappointing.

Ludo

We had players out there that should have the skill and wherewithal to effect the game in the same way Silva does but de Bruyne never got into it and Yaya was.....just Yaya.

KunDB

Trademark Pelle performance. Soulless.

Hesperus

Poor effort. Very disappointing, never gave it a go. Dropping Aguero into midfield when we desperately needed two up front was just baffling. We'll lose the last two games and it will be Europa for us next season. This season has been a real disappointment.

Bye Pelle, I think your a decent guy but this team has regressed significantly under you. The powers that be at City must be held responsible for a very poor appointment.

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on May 04, 2016, 22:10:57
Poor effort. Very disappointing, never gave it a go. Dropping Aguero into midfield when we desperately needed two up front was just baffling. We'll lose the last two games and it will be Europa for us next season. This season has been a real disappointment.

Bye Pelle, I think your a decent guy but this team has regressed significantly under you. The powers that be at City must be held responsible for a very poor appointment.

Just my thoughts a team regressed under Pelle. One of tHe best strikers in the world running around like a headless chicken most of the time frantically trying to create chances for himself, while many of his teammates mentally chill on the beach. Says it all.

lee

bobbins...least we didnt get thrashed