News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Draw on Monday

Started by gavin, December 11, 2014, 21:09:35

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Monaco or Porto look favourite to me but having said that our worst games weren't against Bayern but against Moscow and Roma at home. Whoever it is I hope the lads will get up for the game and show the fight they do when the situation begins to look utterly hopeless. It really does seem that we have to give up hope before we succeed at anything.

Zabba

Post CSKA & QPR games something happened with this team. Perhaps a dressing room players meeting or a Pelle talk, but after that ans since Swansea the focus and commitment and team ethos has come back and boy does it show in performances and results. We are now playing 90 minutes not 45 minutes a game.

Buoyed by this turnaround and recent performances this team should fear no one, and it should not matter who we get.

That said odds must be massively in favour of us getting an easy group next year if odds even out as they should do over many years.

shandon

ESPNFC said we are most likely to get Bourissa Dortmund. Hopefully we avoid La Liga teams.

Rowley Birkin QC

I agree. Avoiding one of the three Spanish clubs for now would probably be for the best.

Neil Mcnab

As long as we dont get Real Madrid, we should be fine. Porto or Monaco would be a bonus.

andy1966

Are they two legs or instant death ?

Victoria

I believe it is home/away with the loser out, so in a sense it is sudden death. However, who ever City draw they need to play better than they have.