News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

eu, in or out

Started by goat, May 30, 2016, 12:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

cant  see this bring up any insane views at all so go on

in for me

gavin

In. It is mostly a good thing and there's no use in trying to barricade out the problems of the rest of Europe and the world.

goat

the way its going with the tory lot we will be asking romania for 30p for a cup of tea soon anyway

Swiss

Quote from: goat on May 30, 2016, 12:59:08
cant  see this bring up any insane views at all so go on

in for me

Emilie Ullerup? Def in!

goat

Ludo

nimrod

I dont get a vote but if I did Id vote out

reddishblue

Out. Despite the promises of the Heath government about the "harmonisation" of duties we still pay more for fags and booze here.

The EEC, or whatever it called it'self back in the day was designed to favour French and German  agriculture. Anyone remember British lamb exports?? Free market my arse. Frog eating lamb incinerating bastards.

goat

Quote from: nimrod on May 30, 2016, 23:01:30

could have guessed that after your top gear thread  :D

Victoria

Quote from: nimrod on May 30, 2016, 23:01:30

you can vote, you need to register with the British embassy in Australia, having duel citizenship, I can vote, the Embassy in New York sent me the paper work more than a month ago.

I vote out! 

goat

you kind of voted out when you fucked up all the tea

they giving yanks a vote on this?

Victoria

no the Americans have no vote, only those British ex-pats that have registered and those who have duel citizenship that have registerd. I might think about living in Manchester if the out vote wins, instead of weekly visits or a month stay at a time.

reddishblue

Merica wants the UK to stay in so we can push their agenda over TTIP. Yet another reason to vote out IMO.

nimrod

Quote from: Tori on May 30, 2016, 23:16:13
you can vote, you need to register with the British embassy in Australia, having duel citizenship, I can vote, the Embassy in New York sent me the paper work more than a month ago.

I vote out!

nah your wrong

if youve lived as an expat for 15 years or over - no vote

goat

Quote from: Tori on May 30, 2016, 23:25:17
no the Americans have no vote, only those British ex-pats that have registered and those who have duel citizenship that have registerd. I might think about living in Manchester if the out vote wins, instead of weekly visits or a month stay at a time.

didnt you say you were from new york? not really the same place as old  york

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 30, 2016, 23:14:18
could have guessed that after your top gear thread  :D

Im just in love with Boris

Man-love thing  :D

reddishblue

Quote from: Tori on May 30, 2016, 23:25:17

if you are classified as an ex-pat you cannot vote in this election. Check the rules.

Victoria

Quote from: nimrod on May 30, 2016, 23:27:48
nah your wrong

if youve lived as an expat for 15 years or over - no vote

I did not know that, when I read the documents sent to me, my understanding was every British ex-pat with an N.I. number could vote if registered. Clearly you have not paid any Tax to the British government for 15 years......lol  :P

Victoria

Quote from: reddishblue on May 30, 2016, 23:32:19
if you are classified as an ex-pat you cannot vote in this election. Check the rules.

I am not an ex-pat, you seem to reading different rules to what I have. I have duel citizenship and pay a lot of tax to the government. so I am having my vote and registered.

Further, I know two ex-pats from Manchester (both City fans) that have been in NYC for more than 15 years and they have both registered. I know you and nimrod are both correct and so am I. I ask, is the British government doing some gerrymandering here to get out of Europe?

reddishblue

Post the documents you received here and one of us will read them for you.

What are your thoughts on the TTIP proposal as you are in America? An informed opinion would be appreciated.