News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ken & Shandy

Started by nimrod, June 10, 2016, 09:07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

shandon

I also stuck with foxtel. Usually during a season I don't watch every game live anyway so it won't make that big a difference. SBS is showing the derby game in a few weeks  :)

Rowley Birkin QC

First weekend of Optus Premier League coverage in Australia was a mess!

Hundreds of complaints. Broken steams, poor picture quality, and big delays on supposedly 'live' coverage. One subscriber reported a notification for a penalty saved on his phone before a penalty had even been awarded on his stream!

I hope Optus get their fingers burnt. Greedy bastards.

shandon

How unprofessional  :)
Fox had a problem too with 'technical difficulties' when they were supposed to show City vs Sunderland on Sunday.
But I was glad to see SBS showing EPL highlights last night although only a 30 minute show instead of an hour.

Rowley Birkin QC

I knew damn well it was always going to be a mess. There will be no 100% reliable live HD web streaming here until they bite the bullet, revert to the original plan for the National Broadband Network and stop trying to do it on the cheap. Australia's web services were amongst the poorest (slowest) in the developed world. Premier League should not have sold the rights to a web based Australian provider. Big mistake = detrimental to the brand. Should have been retained on TV (at least for now).

Incidentally shandon, keep an eye out for repeat showings on Fox. There link to City TV (which presumably includes a replay of the Sunderland game?) was shown again in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday). I've recorded it but not had time to check it out yet.

zacc

surely not always being told when in Oz "it's a lacky countree" guess not with footy streaming

Swiss

Can we have an Antipodean section so that we're not all bored with this shit  :P

Rowley Birkin QC

So presumably you are reading our shit because you're.frightened of missing something?

shandon

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 16, 2016, 13:52:20
I knew damn well it was always going to be a mess. There will be no 100% reliable live HD web streaming here until they bite the bullet, revert to the original plan for the National Broadband Network and stop trying to do it on the cheap. Australia's web services were amongst the poorest (slowest) in the developed world. Premier League should not have sold the rights to a web based Australian provider. Big mistake = detrimental to the brand. Should have been retained on TV (at least for now).

Incidentally shandon, keep an eye out for repeat showings on Fox. There link to City TV (which presumably includes a replay of the Sunderland game?) was shown again in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday). I've recorded it but not had time to check it out yet.

I noticed they replayed it a few times. I haven't seen when they will show the Stoke game yet. City tv has extras too like the Noel Gallagher/Pep interview  :)

Swiss

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on August 17, 2016, 11:06:08
So presumably you are reading our shit because you're.frightened of missing something?

No, it annoys me that I have an unread icon!!!