News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

The Garcia report

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, December 19, 2014, 13:11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

The Blue Blooded Maniac

What's this all about then?

bluebrendan

Garcia was the man FIFA tasked with investigating the award of the next two World Cups to Russia and Qatar with all the allegations of corruption. However FIFA didn't like his report and only published a heavily sanitised summary. Garcia wants the whole report publishing and has resigned from his FIFA position in protest.

The Blue Blooded Maniac

So they've had an internal imvestigation by there own staff and still get brought out as bent? Haha what a load of numptys!

Swiss

I'm not surprised at all!

bry the guy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30546139

They are going to publish a legally appropriate version,why dont they just publish the whole version.And Twatter with his me,me,me and i,i,i crap.

clevblue

iNTERESTING TO SEE WHETHER twatter can resist this latest challenge, he is a slippery character to say the least. Eventually all corrupt institutions crumble. Eventually that is, it can take a long time

citoeast

Significantly Fifa published a summary of Garcia's report, summarised by a former judge now working for Fifa.

Garcia was furious at this summary saying it 'contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of facts and conclusions'. Put in simple terms the summary of his report was nothing more or less than a WHITEWASH by Fifa.

Laughable Fifa's summary while effectively clearing Russia, Qatar and Sepp Blatter (of course) found "England’s 2018 bid team “violated bidding rules”.

Garcia was apparently furious Eckert’s summary of his report omitted the most serious criticism from his own findings, that of the Fifa executive committee which took part in the 2010 ballot.

That highlighted a 'culture of entitlement' and an 'attitude that the rules don’t apply' as well as its members’ 'failure to properly consider their obligations'.

It is also noteworthy that Russia’s 2018 bid team did not fully co-operate with the investigation because their computers had been “destroyed”.

andy1966

The Mafia could learn a thing or two about corruption from FIFA

gavin

Blatter must have enough money to retire and live comfortably for the rest of his years by now. He should just let go. But having said that does anyone really think that his successor will anything other than a self serving, corrupt wanker. It is that sort of person who always rises to the top of such an organisation. I mean look at Platini.