News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Eagles Thread

Started by 93:2012, December 20, 2014, 11:47:00

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Starting 11

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Navas, Yaya Toure, Silva, Nasri, Milner

Strikers on strike seemingly

Subs

Caballero, Boyata, Sagna, Fernando, Lampard, Ambrose, Sinclair

Pozo not even on subs bench?

big no vote for youth

One of City Academy’s newest signings, Thierry Ambrose dazzled for Auxerre’s youth teams, representing the u17 and u19 age groups while still just 15 years of age.

Able to play as a striker or in an attacking midfield role, Thierry has also caught the eye on the international stage, and is capped for France at u16 level.

After shining in a City shirt in pre-season, Thierry will be looking to display his clinical finishing talents in u18 league action.

Stephen Paul

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - disappointed if Pozo isn't even on the bench.

Still, if our boys could actually get 1 shot in 2 on target we'd probably be 2-0 up by now...

Don't know who you guys have got commentating up in the UK, but down here we are having to suffer Danny Mill's commentary box punditry. My ears are starting to bleed...

Rowley Birkin QC

Dowd's refereeing is pretty shit as well...

Zabba

Poor CP when you struggle you never get a break, well onside goal.

Zabba

Eight games ago Pelle said we need to win our next 8 games.

Well done that man, and the whole team.

andy1966

First quarter a bit iffy , and i wish Yaya would try and pass the ball instead of keep trying to break the fecking floodlights
but yet again the little lads sorted us out
who needs strikers ?

post match interview  Zabba looks like he's had a smack on the nose

Rowley Birkin QC

In spite of Danny Mill's best efforts to convince me otherwise, I was never in any doubt that we'd break Palace down eventually. (Danny shut up a bit after the second goal).

A good win in tricky circumstances. Well done all round City! Nasri had another good game

Should have gone for the 4 goals though. Sinclair must be spitting after Fernando (I think it was) failed to put him through near the end there.

Paul lakes knee

Another excellent performance I thought

Victoria

Quote from: Sir Rowley Birkin QC on December 20, 2014, 14:49:43
In spite of Danny Mill's best efforts to convince me otherwise, I was never in any doubt that we'd break Palace down eventually. (Danny shut up a bit after the second goal).

A good win in tricky circumstances. Well done all round City! Nasri had another good game

Should have gone for the 4 goals though. Sinclair must be spitting after Fernando (I think it was) failed to put him through near the end there.

Sinclair ran offside.

gavin

Sinclair ran offside in the end but when  Fernando first had the ball he wasn't and Fernando should have released him. But never mind it was a very good win considering our obvious problems. These dinner time games don't half kill the atmosphere. City found it hard to get going too but at half time I thought it only a matter of time before we scored as we had already had the chances to be a couple or more up. Great to see Silva get a couple of goals, he really should score more regularly, great player that he is it is the missing link in his game. And Yaya finally wound himself up to get one on target after a couple of wild efforts, and what a great finish it was too. We could have had more and they should have had one - it ended up quite entertaining in the second. But it was never really a match - there always was one team in it going to win and without difficulty. Great considering we've got no strikers.

Zabba

I would have been happy a few weeks back if we had been within 6 points of Chelsea, so this is great and piles the pressure on them.

They have gone in a matter of weeks from being invincible to the wobblers and the real heat is not even started.

City playing with real purpose and intent these days and if we had taken more advantage of some superb balls into the box by Kolarov we could have won by more.

clevblue

Quotesome superb balls into the box by Kolarov

That's something we wouldn't hear a couple of seasons ago as well. Success makes them all greedy for more

Hesperus

Good win, good performance. I hope we get  a striker back soon though an extended run of games with no recognised forward could see us come unstuck.

Neil Mcnab

There were too many Ray Wilkins type passes in midfield. When Lampard came on he showed what we had been missing. Good result.