News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Spuds

Started by gavin, October 02, 2016, 14:04:16

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Bravo, Zabaleta (C), Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Navas, Aguero

Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Gundogan, Sane, Iheanacho, A. Garcia

Come on City

Ludo

Once again Kolarov's ineptitude costs us a stupid goal.

KunDB

The good news Pep will now urgently be seeking a new defender.  H

goat

Ludo

goat

never happened under brian horton

this pressing is great tho...but... leaves the back 4 looking like massive twats, not that some need much help with that

Ludo

It's embarrassing just how easily we get ourselves under pressure. Pep's going yo have to realise that playing out from the back won't work in this league. It nearly cost us against utd, I did to an extent against Celtic and it has today.

goat

i dont watch german football, is it a slow technical league  like spain and  italy or kick  and rush like here?

gavin

We've had our chances but giving away goals so easily has to stop. For all the talk on Sky of Spuds putting us under pressure, Kolarov was under none really. I think we have it in us to score the goals to turn this around but I;d be surprised if we don't concede another to be honest.

lee

fernando is fookin bobbins

Ludo

He's not the only one unfortunately.

lee

he's sitting in front of the back 4 to protect them..more protection from an irish rubber johnny

Ludo

I'm watching the ladies.

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on October 02, 2016, 15:04:33
It's embarrassing just how easily we get ourselves under pressure. Pep's going yo have to realise that playing out from the back won't work in this league. It nearly cost us against utd, I did to an extent against Celtic and it has today.

Defeatist attitude. We need better more confident defenders. It will work and is working. One defeat in 7.

KunDB

Pep will have learned a lot from that defeat today.

Probaby something like Kolarov is a liability, we are still too lightweight in midfield and defence needs reinforcing rebuilding.

goat

Quote from: Zabba on October 02, 2016, 16:08:48
Defeatist attitude. We need better more confident defenders. It will work and is working. One defeat in 7.

against first decent team in 7

KunDB

Quote from: goat on October 02, 2016, 16:20:34
against first decent team in 7

End of season will tell us how decent Spurs are, but I think they are mre than half decent like Liverpool.

Neil Mcnab

Gundog is coming back from injury, guess Pep thought playing Nando would give him a bit of a rest. Nando might be alright against teams outside the top 6, in an emergency. We all know Kolarov cant defend, Pep might have the picture now. Navas aint ever been good enough. Sane must be not showing in training, because surely he must be better than Navas. Even with all that, we were not that far off.

I thought Liverpool and Spurs would be our most difficult games. Still top. Zabba had posted his thoughts while I was writing mine. Great minds? Pochettino is a Real Madrid or Barca manager in waiting. Klopp probably the same direction.

Ludo

I don't see it as a defeatist attitude but as a slice of realism.

We've played a few very spirited teams recently and struggled. Swansea gave us two decent games, Celtic could quite easily have won and Spurs just handed us our arses on a plate. The harsh reality is, that against better or more energetic teams, the squad's not quite good enough. We missed De Bruyne obviously, but we're desperately in need of two full backs and a centre half.

Swiss

I was out for most of this game, watched from the 78th where we mostly looked the better side.

I've seen both goals, I've heard that Nando was shite as was Navas.
Too many games in a row for Kolarov?

The high's and lows, at least we didn't concede 4 this time so still an improvement!

Shows that we do need some tweaks. F'Dinho said the players were tired after Pep's training and the Celtic game. Must be hard going from eating Pizza and trotting around the pitch to running a marathon every game!

Oh well, one of those games with an lucky goal.