News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Spuds

Started by gavin, October 02, 2016, 14:04:16

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on October 02, 2016, 18:02:36
I don't see it as a defeatist attitude but as a slice of realism.

We've played a few very spirited teams recently and struggled. Swansea gave us two decent games, Celtic could quite easily have won and Spurs just handed us our arses on a plate. The harsh reality is, that against better or more energetic teams, the squad's not quite good enough. We missed De Bruyne obviously, but we're desperately in need of two full backs and a centre half.

More or less as I see it. We need better players, new players still settling and adjusting. We are far from the finished article but we are going the right way. Ups and downs, honeymoon period over for Pep, players showing their real qualities/consistency or lack of. Progressive development that will need time, we have been spoilt and deceived a shade by the flying start, but in time it will come good.

jingoe

I know that he saved a penalty but I would be far more relaxed to see Joe Hart in goal than Bravo. This buggering about in the 6 yard box is going to end in tears. I wouldn't say his distribution is anything to write home about which is why we bought him.

clevblue

Pep has seen the bad side of our team now, so at last we can say so as he had to at some stage, now he can see where improvements will come from and he needed that yesterday, really. Annoying it was spuds but could've been worse I suppose. DeB works so hard ha carries half the bloody team haha

lee

Quote from: Ludo on October 02, 2016, 18:02:36
I don't see it as a defeatist attitude but as a slice of realism.

We've played a few very spirited teams recently and struggled. Swansea gave us two decent games, Celtic could quite easily have won and Spurs just handed us our arses on a plate. The harsh reality is, that against better or more energetic teams, the squad's not quite good enough. We missed De Bruyne obviously, but we're desperately in need of two full backs and a centre half.

fernando for me is a big concern..the guy is shite

Swiss

Fernando & Delph are waste of a good squad place, mainly for different reasons...

Nando is just shite and Delph is far too injury prone to have been able to prove it.

Rowley Birkin QC

Must admit I had a sinking feeling when I saw Fernando's name as a starter on the team sheet. He's only useful as a sub - to bring one when we need an extra man in midfield to help shut games down. Can't be relied on for much else.

gavin

There's a couple of players as good as wrote their resignations at weekend.