News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Toffees

Started by KunDB, October 15, 2016, 14:22:47

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

CITY XI | Bravo, Otamendi, Stones, Clichy, Gundogan, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sane, Iheanacho, Sterling

C'mon City

KunDB

CITY SUBS | Caballero, Kompany, Zabaleta, Nolito, Kolarov, Fernando, Aguero

Naughty boy Aguero dropped. Pep takes no shit.

Kompany on bench.

Rowley Birkin QC

Three at the back eh? This should be interesting.

KunDB

Pep is full of tactics and invention.

KunDB

What a waste of a golden opportunity.

We are sorely lacking the final pass.

gavin

How can pro footballers be so bad at penalties? We played well for first half an hour.

KunDB

KunDB

Same old - Everton one attack and one nil lead.

KunDB

When will Kun learn to vary his penalties, stop the staggered run and stop. Not everytime.

KunDB

Nod it in Nolito yessssssssssssss

gavin

Sickening. Two great players can't score a penalty between them.  Proper pissed off.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yeah - I'm pissed off too. Wouldn't have minded the draw as much, but not after the loss to Spuds. We should have won here. Shockingly bad penalties - De Bruyne almost tried to curl his in  >:( . I suspect Pep will be giving this his 'full attention' this week!

Everton defended very well to give them their due, but there's no question they were very lucky to get the point - not just with the penalty saves, but every thing just fell freakishly right for them when they scored.

We played very well, but go a little ragged in the second half and our passing deteriorated. Few clear cut chances after that.

Nice to see Kompany play a few minutes without getting injured.

zacc

Shouldn't the penalties have been retaken as the goalkeeper came off his line as the ball is kicked?
Frustrating stuff this game would be more irritated if there hadn't been so many goal attempts

shandon

Goalkeepers almost always come off the line early for penalties these days.

zacc

Quote from: shandon on October 16, 2016, 09:43:05
Goalkeepers almost always come off the line early for penalties these days.

yup so time it was picked up

Neil Mcnab

Penalty practice needed. The result was the major thing and its two points dropped at home.

bluebrendan

Both penalties were poor - nice height for the keeper and not much power and in Aguero's case not much direction either. I said at the stadium that I'd have Nacho taking the first one, he was the best finisher on the pitch at the time and he's taken pens before. It looks as though the missed pens are now playing on Sergio's mind, Pep needs to have a good think about who takes the next one.

Two points thrown away from a match we dominated, as well as the pens our crossing was generally poor apart from Silva's for the goal - also Stones and Clichy can't escape criticism for their goal.