News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City Burnley Thread & Team News

Started by 93:2012, December 28, 2014, 14:02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

93:2012

Hart, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Fernando, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Milner

No striker again

Come on City, Come on City

93:2012

Subs for today

Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Clichy, Sinclair, Lampard, Jovetic

Jovetic being given plenty of recovery time by MP.

Rowley Birkin QC

No Yaya then? Did I miss something?

Ludo

He's refusing to play until he gets his Christmas pudding.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rowley Birkin QC

Talking of crackers - my capacity for self abuse hit new heights tonight when I decided to watch Spuds v rags. My two least favourite teams in the whole world. Lord knows why.

A nondescript display. Spuds are full of honest endeavour but little brains, while I wasn't sure what to make of the rags. Only the second or third time I've watched them this season. They are supposed to be much improved... perhaps they are, but I got the distinct impression they'd be in trouble without Mata, and Falcao would be a decent player if he didn't spend so much time sitting on his arse.

Anyway... back to the City game...

Zabba

Spuds Rags

It was a first half of (two) Charge of the Light Brigade.

Neither team good in defence so charged forward like headless chickens, then collapsed exhausted second half. Neither realistic title challengers this year.

Zabba

Zabba

That young lad Silva could be a striker given time!

Zabba

We clearly have woke up with two good goals.

Zabba

Offside, but poor goalkeeping Hart.

silvablue

Our defence has stayed in the dressing room second half.

Zabba

Complacent and unlucky (Burnley's first goal). We thought we had the game won and we have no excuses, well done Burnley they wanted it more than us.

Ref a total twit, booking Silva and allowing their first goal.

Not a disaster given Chelsea drew earlier in the day.

Ludo

Fecking awful second half.

No leader on the pitch ho day and it's almost like we took burnley for granted.

shandon

More embarrassing than hugely damaging to the title chances.
I wonder how much attention will be paid to the 1st Burnley goal (offside). It will be probably be ignored as "heroic" small town Burnley defeat Goliath Manchester City 2-2. In saying that obviously we should still be beating them anyway.  ::)

robyn6cp

city were pathetic 2nd half and burnley deserved their point,, why Pellegrini plays fernando i will never know when lampard would make 10 of him, why is he trying to extend lampards stay if he aint gonna use him when needed. he needs to play mangala i suppose but he is as bad as fernando if not worse, i would play Boyata even before him...if pellegrini insists on playing these two wasters,and ya ya go's to African Cup then chelsea has the league wrapped up.. i still cannot understand these professional footballers thinking they have the game won if they go 2 up after only 30mins, how stupid are they?.. does their tiny brain not have the capacity to retain the fact that this sort of thing happens all the time week in and week out.
very very disappointed and angry with both the players and management at this pathetic attempt at winning a game that their 3rd team could have done... >:( >:(oh and where was ya ya have they found him yet?? ::)

gavin

I criticised our second half performance on Boxing Day and we did the same again today. We need to keep playing in matches even when it seems won. In the end today laziness cost us much more than goal difference. When Pellers came we were not happy until we were four or five or six up but now we get complacent far too early. Hopefully this is the lesson that will be heeded. Two points thrown away.

Zabba

Hello and welcome robyn6cp.

It is just human nature, won 9 on trot, 2 up, games crammed in festive season, players ease off subconsciously and take a hit (Bad officiating and even worse defending) and they cannot pull it together again. Before they know it they are clinging on desperately to get a point.

Yaya was injured, Fernando was no worse than any other player and Mangala is fine and will be top notch given time, today he was fine. 

Ludo

I'm sorry Zabba but today Mangala was far from fine.

He was constantly pulled out of position and gave away stupid free kicks through simple bad judgement.