News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Jesus out for 3 months?

Started by Mr K, February 14, 2017, 15:09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr K

According to the MEN but not confirmed by the club, Jesus has suffered a broken fifth metatarsal.

Looks very mournful in the photo.
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-gabriel-jesus-injury-12602891

Jesus has been a sensation, but Silva/Sane/Sterling are the keys to our recent form, IMO, so hopefully we can keep it going. Also the sub that came on in place of Jesus is decent enough. If he stays fit.

zacc

bizarrely I thought must be about time for Jesus to get injured which is the norm for City and fab players :o

Ludo

Apparently he's opted to have surgery rather than physiotherapy so there's a chance he won't be back this season.

gavin

What a bummer. This shit is not happening to Chelsea this season.

zacc

Quote from: Ludo on February 14, 2017, 17:34:16
Apparently he's opted to have surgery rather than physiotherapy so there's a chance he won't be back this season.
can you have physio with a broken bone?

Rowley Birkin QC

These type of injuries have a nasty habit of taking longer to recover from than the estimate. 10 to 15 weeks is not uncommon - especially with fifth metatarsals which for some reason seem to be particularly tricky. (Beckham managed a 7 week turn-around when he broke a second metatarsal, which was seen as a 'best case scenario'). Even if he doesn't go the surgery route, Jesus will be lucky to get back before the end of this season. Very disappointing.

Hesperus

Really disappointing news. He gave the team a big lift. Unlikely we'll see him again this season by the sounds of it.

Ludo

Quote from: zacc on February 14, 2017, 21:34:42
can you have physio with a broken bone?

I'm not sure, I assume they mean rest and rehab rather than physio.

zacc

was reading having the op encourages healing of the bones though takes longer to recover.
Considered better in the long run   

zacc

it'll have warmed up by the time he returns ;)