News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Middlesbore down

Started by gavin, May 08, 2017, 21:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Losing 3-0 at Chelsea. That's dropped points gone for next season then. Dunno what it is about em. Amazed we got through in the FA Cup.

Swiss

Going back to the mid nineties, I can't remember a good result against them

Rowley Birkin QC

I have a clear memory of driving north on the M1 one evening (early 90's), getting increasing 'shouty at the radio' listening to us getting rolled by them - yet again. And we carried on getting rolled for the rest of the decade.

They also blighted my last ever visit to Maine Road in 1995.

bry the guy

was that the last min missed pen by fowler?

gavin

No that was at CoMS as it was then. Qualifying for the uefa by the league would have been considered some achievement then!

Swiss

And the wally with a brolly wouldn't have gotten the England job n'all

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: bry the guy on May 09, 2017, 14:41:52
was that the last min missed pen by fowler?

Earlier than that bry. A single Nick Barmby goal in an otherwise very dour game of football.

I was sitting in the top level of the 'new' Kippax, directly in line - and he was clearly offside - but he was quick and the linesman was well behind play. I'd been talking to the bloke next to me at half time about my impending migration to Australia. When the final whistle went he said "Well at least you won't have to watch any more of this rubbish"   :-\