News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep: I would have been sacked at Barca or Bayern.

Started by nimrod, May 16, 2017, 07:03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Pep says  he wouldve been sacked at Barcalona or Bayern....

Pep: "Here they gave me a second chance and we will try to do it. In my situation at a big club â€" I’m sacked. I’m out. Sure. Definitely."
12:45 AM - 16 May 2017

Confirmation from our manager,  we're a small club  ???

Hesperus

Poor choice of words which will no doubt be picked up on by the media and opposing fans and used against him / us.

The truth is the club wanted him for a number of years, never gave up and finally got their man. Given the effort they put on they would never sack him after one season.

gavin

Given the ambition of his vision, I think we are right to persevere. He's probably right that he would be sacked at Bayern or Barca. The terminology could be a bit better but there is still a differentiation between us and the likes of Bayern and Barca in terms of expectation. Actually, Pep often comments that one of his goals is to make us more like them, to break into that group of big European clubs.

Swiss

The starting points for the teams are different.

zacc

guess till City win CL not as big as Barca & Bayern in his mind :-\

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on May 16, 2017, 08:31:07
Given the ambition of his vision, I think we are right to persevere. He's probably right that he would be sacked at Bayern or Barca. The terminology could be a bit better but there is still a differentiation between us and the likes of Bayern and Barca in terms of expectation. Actually, Pep often comments that one of his goals is to make us more like them, to break into that group of big European clubs.

Yes he's right Gav  but why say it ?

Maybe a tad annoying to the Sheikh

Rowley Birkin QC

He's not saying City are a small club - he's saying that 'normally' at any big club like City (or Barca, or Bayern) he might well have been sacked. But City have a longer term view.

goat

Quote from: nimrod on May 16, 2017, 08:39:57
Yes he's right Gav  but why say it ?

because he is honest

id prefer that than some shite like wenger never seeing anything or mourinhos big bag of excuses

Swiss

I on't think anyone could argue we'r eon the same level as Real Madrid, surely!?

It's where we're aiming for, but not there

nimrod

Can't help feeling there's more to it than the obvious

Lekos

You'll drive yourself mad thinking like that nimmers....unless it's already too late  ;D

Are you on those chemtrail sites?

nimrod

I've no idea what a chemtrail site is Lekos

I sense a kind of kinship between you and goat, do you share an online interest/hobby on there ?

Actually thought of you two in Pefklos there is a bar that I watched matches at, the owner  a Greeko called Costa, lovely guy,  he's married to a Welsh woman, I asked him if he'd been to Wales and he said oh yeah they're all insane over there

Lekos

I was only yanking your chain nim.  It was just an allusion to your "more than the obvious" comme....ah forget about it.