News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Next season?

Started by Hesperus, May 21, 2017, 20:15:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Good end to the season. Champs league secured (and no qualifying). So what do we need to challenge for the title and a better effort in the CL next season?

Keeper
CB
LB
RB
CM

We've got Pep now, who we've waited a long time for (maybe even to the detriment of the clubs progression) and we are free of FFP restrictions.

So no excuses now for me..... we go all in, and break some transfer records.

Bonnuci and Sandro from Juve for CB an LB. Walker if no one else is available for RB. Eric Dyer or Veratti for CM. No idea for a keeper though.

It's all very 'Football Manager' I know, but If we don't go big this summer, we never will.

What do you think?

KunDB

We need another fit VK (Bonuucci) and a powerhouse in midfield and yes RB, LB, and a goalkeeper who can keep goal first and foremost then is good with their feet.

Hesperus

We've been heavily linked with Sanchez from Arsenal. Them missing out on CL may open a door for us too.

Ludo

Certainly the full back positions need sorted, at least two if not four new ones and a centre back are priorities.

gavin

You're definitely right to focus defensively. We need to strengthen across the back four. We could do with someone to replace Yaya too. Going forward I don't think we need too much but we need to take more chances next season one way or another.

Rowley Birkin QC

I concur with Hesperus' list.

Some serious defensive recruiting required - and a central midfield general to go along side Fernandinho.

Hesperus

I think it's going to be a really big summer for us in the transfer market. I just hope we've done our homework on the players though!

gavin

Thing is that when I see Pep interviewed he doesn't seem at all concerned about the goals conceded and just says we need to score more goals.

goat

so pep is just a fancy keegan eh

id throw a striker on the list incase of any breaking again

nimrod

I'd like to see some young blood in the team like  Maffeo,  Roberts given a chance
Don't want Kylie Walker
Good to have Gundoghan back
Stones and Vinny given time to gel
Glad Sergio is staying

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 23, 2017, 13:41:56
so pep is just a fancy keegan eh

id throw a striker on the list incase of any breaking again

As you said
Bony

gavin

Quote from: nimrod on May 23, 2017, 19:54:26
I'd like to see some young blood in the team like  Maffeo,  Roberts given a chance
Don't want Kylie Walker
Good to have Gundoghan back
Stones and Vinny given time to gel
Glad Sergio is staying

Otamendi looks a player with Vinny. But there lies the issue. They all bloody do and then look shite when Vinny goes.

goat

Quote from: nimrod on May 23, 2017, 20:01:42
As you said
Bony

on the list gandalf, bony would get thrown in the sea

nimrod

Quote from: goat on May 25, 2017, 13:13:08
on the list gandalf, bony would get thrown in the sea
He scores plenty when he's in Wales goaty bollocks

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on May 21, 2017, 23:08:21
I concur with Hesperus' list.

Some serious defensive recruiting required - and a central midfield general to go along side Fernandinho.
Exactly. Apparently Benjamin Mendy is almost done for us, along with Ederson from Benfica. Kyle Walker is 1/8 on Sky bet to sign for us. I didnt want Walker, but if he turns up - salt of the earth.

gavin

Walker best not bring the Spuds snidey ways with him if he comes.

Swiss

We have a few divers ourselves...

gavin

There's something special about Spurs current generation; Rose, Alli, Walker et al. They love to dish it out but are also awful divers and feign injury all too often. Yes, we have divers and the odd dirty bastard. But I honestly don't think we can anywhere near match the hypocrisy of the actions of the Spuds players. Rose is the worst. I can't stand him. He looks a good player indeed but the way he throws himself into tackles like a hard man and then rolls around like a fairy makes me want to vomit. They have the worst examples of the horrible excesses of modern footballers rolled into multiple single players on one team.

You come to expect that some players are dirty and some dive these days. But they combine it and to a sickening degree.

Rowley Birkin QC

Rose is a shocker.

goat

are there any hardmen left in football? when i was a kid every team had a couple