News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Dani Alves

Started by gavin, June 17, 2017, 21:40:44

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

KunDB

I think this is a hole in the bow of Spurs attempt to rip off us off for Kyle and at the same time a warning message to Arsenal over Sanchez.

We will pay big money but not be ripped off or messed around.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on June 18, 2017, 00:03:56
I think this is a hole in the bow of Spurs attempt to rip off us off for Kyle and at the same time a warning message to Arsenal over Sanchez.

We will pay big money but not be ripped off or messed around.

You already forgot about Bony  Mangala  etc ?

Swiss

Alves has come out and said "Don't spread shit" - apparently in reference to the City rumours.

I'm in 2 minds: Why get rid of a settled 32 & 34 year old defender to be replaced by another 34 year old on a short term contract?
But then he is a former Pep player who would be on board with his training techniques and 'vision' which could help integrate the ideas into new players...

Hesperus

This is Dani Alves though, even at 34 he's a big improvement on Sanga and Zab. I'd be happy with him here so long as we had another decent RB lined up. I'd be concerned if Alves was expected to be relied up all season.

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on June 18, 2017, 00:51:14
You already forgot about Bony  Mangala  etc ?

My therapy to recover from those signings was going well until you reminded me.

goat

we never did replace maicon

Victoria

when one is building for the future based on youth: Why do City need this has-been at the end of his career? I can't see this happening.

gavin

His age is certainly questionable but considering he made the Champions League final 'has been' is harsh indeed. It's possible he could give us a good season. If we can't get a young, promising player at the right price for that position then it makes sense.

KunDB

I think we might just back him up with someone from within the club development system. That would send a very positive message.

Lekos

Quote from: Tori on June 19, 2017, 12:43:37
when one is building for the future based on youth: Why do City need this has-been at the end of his career? I can't see this happening.

Has been? Wow.  You outdo yourself frequently.  33 appearances for Juve last season, 6 goals, 7 assists, won league and cup double, champions league final.  All this desperate breaking his leg in December 2016.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 18, 2017, 12:34:30

I'm in 2 minds: Why get rid of a settled 32 & 34 year old defender to be replaced by another 34 year old on a short term contract?

because he is better than both

Neil Mcnab

An expensive back up only, but, no thanks. Will be the agent in anycase, trying to stir up interest and increasing the value of any new contact.

Swiss

Quote from: goat on June 19, 2017, 23:16:31
because he is better than both

He's faster than both, I'll give you that.

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on June 20, 2017, 21:28:25
An expensive back up only, but, no thanks. Will be the agent in anycase, trying to stir up interest and increasing the value of any new contact.
A relatively cheap squad player if we get him for free! eports are he's bought himself out f his contract.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 20, 2017, 23:27:32
He's faster than both, I'll give you that.
A relatively cheap squad player if we get him for free! eports are he's bought himself out f his contract.

and better at the football thing, handy for a footballer that

Swiss

Dunno. Zab in his prime was my fave ever city RB

gavin

Zab ain't in his prime. He hasn't been the same the last couple of seasons Okay, Alves ain't either but he still looks fit enough and performed top level last season.

zacc

expect like many he'll need few weeks to get used to EPL style of footy.
One of the things impressed me about Gabriel Jesus is his immediate settling into EPL

goat

Quote from: Swiss on June 21, 2017, 19:12:21
Dunno. Zab in his prime was my fave ever city RB

zab was great in that english way of running a lot and bleeding  a bit

i  liked zab but lets be honest, his end product wasnt all that and for a wingback thats not great

Neil Mcnab

Is Maffeo good enough to be the other RB? We would not need to blow a fortune on Walker then.