News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Kyle Walker

Started by Victoria, July 14, 2017, 16:18:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Victoria

So City wasted money yet again, reports suggest 50m, overpriced for a 27 yo; should be around 30m. City are poised to buy Mendy or whatever his name is from Monaco for 50m, that is value because he is a 22yo; therefore, has plenty of mileage in him long term. Walker might be a decent player but at 27 not a lot left in him, City will not get the best out of him as those years have gone, therefore, 30m would be a decent price.

Hesperus

Written off before he's even kicked a ball for us!

Personally I'll be getting right behind him because I support City.

goat

like a fucking white noise machine aint you billy bob

hes a step up on what weve got/had but....

how much did we pay extra from him being english and how quickly will the media turn on him now hes left lahndan for big bad city

bry the guy

Zabba is 32 and still going.

lee

good player walker...no nonsense type player

get behind the lad..will do for me

Neil Mcnab

Walker runs around a lot and has improved, but still error prone. Well overpriced as well, though he isnt responsible for that. Pray Vinny doesnt get crocked, because the CBs will be busy. For the manager, he cannot be thinking about a few years from today, its all about the upcoming season. He sees Walker as the answer. At 27, he should have 4 or 5 years left in his legs. We were looking to sign a 34 year old until a few days ago.

Victoria

Quote from: Hesperus on July 14, 2017, 16:36:40
Written off before he's even kicked a ball for us!

Personally I'll be getting right behind him because I support City.

you are a product of a poor education; read and understand what I write before you comment. My post was about being over-priced and the value left in him, nothing about him being written off.

Victoria

Quote from: goat on July 14, 2017, 16:57:32
like a fucking white noise machine aint you billy bob

hes a step up on what weve got/had but....

how much did we pay extra from him being english and how quickly will the media turn on him now hes left lahndan for big bad city
yes he is a step up when one has nothing to begin with.

Victoria

Quote from: bry the guy on July 14, 2017, 17:19:31
Zabba is 32 and still going.

not with City, and remember, Zabba is close to retirement, although he was not the same player when he first came to City: I do wish him well

Hesperus

Quote from: Tori on July 14, 2017, 18:19:51
you are a product of a poor education; read and understand what I write before you comment. My post was about being over-priced and the value left in him, nothing about him being written off.

And you are what's known as a troll Tony.

Victoria

Quote from: lee on July 14, 2017, 17:25:00
good player walker...no nonsense type player

get behind the lad..will do for me

I will get behind him too, I do think he is a decent player, but not a 50m player, i I think with his age 50m is too much.

Victoria

Quote from: Hesperus on July 14, 2017, 18:25:24

I rest my case.

Hesperus

Victoria

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on July 14, 2017, 18:07:11
Walker runs around a lot and has improved, but still error prone. Well overpriced as well, though he isnt responsible for that. Pray Vinny doesnt get crocked, because the CBs will be busy. For the manager, he cannot be thinking about a few years from today, its all about the upcoming season. He sees Walker as the answer. At 27, he should have 4 or 5 years left in his legs. We were looking to sign a 34 year old until a few days ago.

PEP has to look to the present and future, Walker does fix one problem for now short term. however,
I do hope this works for us, maybe Walker brings something to the table we all don't know that will benefit City in the present and future. But 50m for 4 or 5 years seems too excessive, 30m would make more business sense. What happens if he gets crocked when Vinny is crocked? Pep is far from finnished buy that is for sure.

goat

Quote from: Tori on July 14, 2017, 18:20:37
yes he is a step up when one has nothing to begin with.

i said had too

you are a product of a poor education; read and understand what I write before you comment

Victoria

Quote from: goat on July 14, 2017, 18:39:00
i said had too

you are a product of a poor education; read and understand what I write before you comment

I have an excuse: an American Education: what's yours?

goat

reading your shite, kills the brain faster than huffing glue

Swiss

Quote from: Hesperus on July 14, 2017, 18:25:24

Say Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

Hesperus

No offence to you Swiss 🙂.  I'm just pretty sure Tori is actually a bloke called Tony.... from  Urmston, who supports a team that plays in red! I could be totally wrong though.

goat

fuck it, offend the stat monkey