News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Evans

Started by Paddy, August 24, 2017, 22:07:05

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebrendan

Every cloud etc...  :D

KunDB

Not bothered we did not get Evans, but at a lost why we did not get another Centre Back. Kompany, Stones, Otamendi and misfit Mangala not enough to cover 2 games a week and injuries/bookings. Particularly with the way we play and Kompany injury record and Stones/Otamendi partnership just does not work.

Lekos

Precisely why we were trying to get evans.

Neil Mcnab

Mangala not going was the problem. Mangala looked alright in the pre season games anyway. Plus Pep will improve him?

nimrod

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on September 01, 2017, 00:20:26
Plus Pep will improve him?

But has Pep improved any players since he came, Stones , Sterling no better than he was at Lpool for me ?
Sergio looks to have lost something, even Kelechi seemed to go downhill

is it a myth?

gavin

Pep clearly doesn't rate Mangala and he does seem a bit accident prone. But Evans wasn't the answer for me- even setting aside his tainted history. We should have tried to get Van Dijk.

lee

im well chuft we didnt get a rag reject

Swiss

Who ever said Pep (Or any manager these days) is in charge of recruitment?

Quote from: nimrod on September 01, 2017, 01:15:29
But has Pep improved any players since he came, Stones , Sterling no better than he was at Lpool for me ?
Sergio looks to have lost something, even Kelechi seemed to go downhill

is it a myth?

Stones - Who knows - who of us watched him week in and week out to truely comment? Is it because he had a lot of pressure on him? Is it because of a winning mentallity weakness? Is it because the defenders around him were also a bit pish? I think he's looked alright this season, but we're too early to tell.
I don't think he was awful last season, but he made too many mistakes.

Sterling - Personally this comes down to 3 things for me: 1) Liverpool Fans absolutely & relentlessly destroying him on a personal level. All the racist things their fans were saying to him, death threats etc - all for daring to leave their darling club! No matter how tough you are, and especially when you're a young person it will effect you. (2) Finishing - he is not a natural finisher. (3) Has a playboy attitude imo. From what I've seen of him, I cannot honestly say he exudes the professionalism of someone like Kompany. Pep said he likes him when he plays more centrally - Maybe the intention will be to play him as a support striker as he has on occasion before...

Kelechi - Was never a good footballer but he has a natural box scoring instinct. Will suit a different style of play better than ours.

Kun - I like him best when he cuts in from the left hand side. Still the best striker we have but it's foolish to keep relying on him all the time so we did need more striking options. I think the Media has had something to play in trying to unsettle him & also lets not forget his marriage broke down and his kid isn't in England any more.

Maybe Pep has time for a couple of pet projects, but given how rag tag the squad was when he took over, it's a tall order to fix everything!

nimrod

Quote from: lee on September 01, 2017, 15:42:01
im well chuft we didnt get a rag reject

I just didnt want Pulis to have 30 million and have a smug look on his weird face

lee

Quote from: nimrod on September 02, 2017, 00:23:17
I just didnt want Pulis to have 30 million and have a smug look on his weird face

would have been the only time he beat us

goat

he would only try and freshen up his wardrobe in the west brom clubshop

nimrod

Quote from: goat on September 02, 2017, 02:11:20
he would only try and freshen up his wardrobe in the west brom clubshop

you seen him in there ?

goat

he cant be still wearing his palace stuff  can he gandalf