News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Chavski v City

Started by nimrod, September 30, 2017, 01:47:17

Previous topic - Next topic

nimrod

Im getting the same feeling about this game as I do about the rag games, I suppose because its so much in focus in the media, and now this latest news re Aguero seems like we are jinxed. It feels like a bad omen on top of the unexpected Mendy injury, Vincent is a huge miss as well.
Apart from the loss of these 3 players I feel Otamendi is our weaklink, I think they will pull him wide attacking down the channels and he will become isolated out wide and through lack of speed end up on his arse again. Really wish Vinny was fit.
Wonder if Pep will play 3 or 4 at the back ?

Its vital that Pep motivates these lads psychologically, dont want a repeat of last season when we fell apart after losing DeBruyne and Spurs shit all over us.
Remembering what happened last season in the 2 games against the chavs is frustrating as we couldve easily won both games but when KDB missed that tap in it seemed we were doomed.
Id definitly keep KDB in his deeper role as I think our defence is profiting from him being nearer to Fernandinho.
Anyway my line up would be;

-------------------Ederson------------------------
Walker-----Stones----Otamendi-----Danillo
---------------Fernandinho------------------------
--------De bruyne-------D. Silva------------------
Sterling-----------Jesus-------------Sane---------

bbk

I share your concerns about our capacity to keep Chelsea out. Our back line has not been tested and, unless Fernandinho has a blinder, I can see us losing this one by 2 goals. How Otamendi is anywhere near that team has to be one of the mysteries of human history. I would take a draw now and just sack the game off.

Gareth

Yes, I agree with that XI, based on current available resources. Central defence is clearly the weakness.

bbk

I would go B. Silva ahead of Sterling.

Otamendi gives me the fear.

zacc

as per unpredictable really hope City are up for this ! :cityscarf:

nimrod

Quote from: bbk on September 30, 2017, 08:05:15
I would go B. Silva ahead of Sterling.

Otamendi gives me the fear.

I was wondering about that whether Bernado would help to retain the ball higher up the Pitch, but then we lose the goal threat from Sterling

Ludo

I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1

Eds
Walker  Stones  Otamendi  Danilo

Fernandinho Gundugan
      Bernardo.  Debruyne.  Silva

Jesus

Swiss

lee

deffo play gundugan in the middle  with fern

Hesperus

I think it's still a bit early for Gundog in such a big game but having him as an option on the bench is a big positive. 

bbk

Quote from: nimrod on September 30, 2017, 09:24:03
I was wondering about that whether Bernado would help to retain the ball higher up the Pitch, but then we lose the goal threat from Sterling

Bernardo creates more and ball retention = less chance of Otemendi being involved in play. I don't want to seem like I am having a constant go at Otemendi but he isn't up to it by any stretch.

goat

probably falls over less than sterling too

bbk

To be blunt about Sterling, he will not be with us long term. He isn't good enough for where we want to be going for me. Bernardo is significantly better based upon what I have seen of them both.

Neil Mcnab

I like Ludos team for this, if Gundog is fit he must play. Sane will feel unlucky not to get a start. Would settle for a draw, Pep wont, so I go 1-3 to them.

Hesperus

With Aguero missing I'd play the players in scoring form. Sane and Sterling.

KunDB

Starting Eleven   

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Sterling, De Bruyne, Delph, Sané, Silva (C), Fernandinho, Otamendi, Jesus

We will need 98% possession to keep a clean sheet.

SUBS | Bravo, Danilo, Gündoğan, Mangala, Silva, Zinchenko, Touré

Gareth

So, Nimmers' XI except for Delph instead of Danilo, I think. Just preference for a natural left-sided player at LB?

gavin

Decent first half without the final ball or finishing touch. But I think Chelsea will be better second half. We've dominated them. A draw would be a decent result.

KunDB

That was a sublime performance all round.

Gareth