News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City part of the greedy half dozen

Started by gavin, October 04, 2017, 20:52:12

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Not very happy about this. We should not be ganging up greedily as part of a big six. Let other clubs have a decent share. We need a competitive league for football to be great.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41497079

Lekos

Agreed. Should be an equal share of broadcasting cash for all.

Ludo

We're in danger of becoming like the rags...

Hesperus

Isn't the issue more that the Premier League allow clubs to vote on this? It's obvious this would be the result if clubs are asked to make the decision. If the PL just said, we split the monies equally and the clubs had to abide by that rule there would be no problem.

goat

to be fair, i doubt any chinese fella is getting up at silly o clock to watch palace burnley

KunDB

With the money comes the success and that means a price to be paid.

I do not like it the top 6 using their power to stay the top 6 but it is the price we City fans pay for the money and the success.

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on October 05, 2017, 13:52:27
With the money comes the success and that means a price to be paid.

I do not like it the top 6 using their power to stay the top 6 but it is the price we City fans pay for the money and the success.

Load of tosh.

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on October 05, 2017, 10:56:56
Isn't the issue more that the Premier League allow clubs to vote on this? It's obvious this would be the result if clubs are asked to make the decision. If the PL just said, we split the monies equally and the clubs had to abide by that rule there would be no problem.

Needs a two thirds majority to pass, so hopefully won't.

Rowley Birkin QC

nimrod

Quote from: goat on October 05, 2017, 11:14:00
to be fair, i doubt any chinese fella is getting up at silly o clock to watch palace burnley

Massive in China  :D

Burnley FC in the Community was once again active in China in August, visiting Beijing to help deliver the second phase of the Premier Skills Programme.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2017/september/bfcitc-revisit-china-for-premier-skills-programme/

KunDB

The Chinese market is difficult to break into but City are leading the way, just. It is the next big goldmine for the Premier League.

Having invested so heavily in taking City from a mid table PL team to being a significant European name and CL contender they naturally want a return on their investment. They therefore want to reap as much return from China and other oversea markets in the future as they can.

Their view will be that their business plan of a global network of clubs around the City brand will have expanded the markets for City and PL football significantly and therefore quite rightly they should get a greater share of TV revenues from overseas to reflect the level of money they have invested in opening up and expanding these markets. Much, much more that most other mid and lower PL teams have invested.

Who can blame them for wanting a return on their investment, even if we as fans want a level playing field? At the end of the day they are speculators and investors and City and City fans have been a beneficiary of their investment.

goat

Quote from: nimrod on October 07, 2017, 00:50:06
Massive in China  :D

Burnley FC in the Community was once again active in China in August, visiting Beijing to help deliver the second phase of the Premier Skills Programme.

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/news/2017/september/bfcitc-revisit-china-for-premier-skills-programme/

exactly, they made burnley go to them

Hesperus

Quote from: Zabba on October 07, 2017, 10:40:53

Their view will be that their business plan of a global network of clubs around the City brand will have expanded the markets for City and PL football significantly and therefore quite rightly they should get a greater share of TV revenues from overseas to reflect the level of money they have invested in opening up and expanding these markets. Much, much more that most other mid and lower PL teams have invested.

Who can blame them for wanting a return on their investment, even if we as fans want a level playing field? At the end of the day they are speculators and investors and City and City fans have been a beneficiary of their investment.

Much as we i dislike it. That's pretty much how I see it too.

nimrod

Quote from: goat on October 07, 2017, 17:18:17
exactly, they made burnley go to them

Haha yeah...well I hope they took gas masks, was in Beijing earlier this year and it reminded me of being a kid in Stalybridge when it was foggy, fuckin horrible this constant smoggy haze that smells, no point taking photo's, locals unfriendly as well, complete opposite to Japan.
Loved it there.

Swiss

Apart from the smoggy smegness, I had an awesome time in Beijing a couple of years ago.

T'was my favourite Chinese city

goat

eat anything weird or took monster munch?

Swiss

I'm no Karl!

We ate some street food but weren't brave enough to try the scorpions!