News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Napoli CL Thread

Started by KunDB, October 17, 2017, 18:45:01

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Ederson, Walker, Otamendi, Stones, Delph, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (C), Sane, Sterling. Jesus

Bravo, Aguero, Gundogan, Danilo, Yaya Toure, Mangala, Bernardo

Cmon City

Gareth

So that's an unchanged starting XI from the w/e, I think.

KunDB

That it is. Start with lots of confidence.

Swiss

I wonder why Danilo can't get in the team. I thought he was pretty good

KunDB

I think its a case of never change a winning formula.

Lekos

Quote from: Swiss on October 17, 2017, 19:26:45
I wonder why Danilo can't get in the team. I thought he was pretty good

He's a more defensive option. We all know pep likes a good attack and Delph is doing ok....i reckon.

KunDB

Decent start 2 up after 15 minutes. Awesome play.

KunDB

I was just thinking same old City, totally dominant and gift a penalty to opposition to make it 2 1, In steps Ederson with a magnificent save, 2 0 it stays. What a goalie!

KunDB

Ludo

Heart in mouth at times there.

Sane could up his game though. Twice gave away two frees when the defender was running back towards his goal and had a simple pass to Jesus and fucked it up.

KunDB

Fernandinho outstanding to get back and clear penalty save.

Rowley Birkin QC

First side I can recall us playing this season who try to play like we do.

Lekos

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on October 17, 2017, 20:37:46
Heart in mouth at times there.

Sane could up his game though. Twice gave away two frees when the defender was running back towards his goal and had a simple pass to Jesus and fucked it up.

Sane has a bad habit of losing the ball.

Hesperus

Tough win but a good win. 9 points out of 9!

Thought Napoli pressed us really well high up the pitch after 30 mins and made it difficult fir us. 2nd leg will be interesting.

Ludo

Still not sure how Sane played the full 90 minutes tonight, he was easily our worse player.

It's frustrating really, there are times he can look like a world beater but too many times recently he's given the ball away, tripped over it or, like tonight, given away silly free kicks.

Neil Mcnab

Great result. Ederson the real deal, made sure of the win. Liked B. Silva when he came on, deserves a run in the team. Walker, not a great defender, but we knew that. I have read Danilo is one footed, but surely they will have known that..

gavin

We should have buried them in the first half hour and nearly paid for not doing it. I'm not used to competitive football games breaking out. A very good three points. Nearly qualified after three matches.

Paddy

Should have been four or five n the first half

nimrod

Id have brought Gundo on to help Fernan after the hour

great win though

Sterling 6 in 8 now ?