News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Magpies Match Thread

Started by KunDB, December 27, 2017, 18:52:06

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

On paper an easy away match, but I sincerely hope that the players do not think that way and be complacent. I am expecting Newcastle to play it like it is their Cup Final. I do not want to be greedy but 15 points clear sounds so much better than 12.

Starting team:

City XI | Ederson, Walker, Kompany (C), Otamendi, Danilo, Fernandinho, Bernardo, De Bruyne, Gundogan, Sterling, Aguero

Subs | Bravo, Mangala, Sane, Adarabioyo, Jesus, Yaya Toure, Diaz

KunDB

Bernardo and Gundogan starting. I am excited by our ability to rotate and yet be strong starting eleven.

gavin

Bernie needs to stand up and be counted in the league now. He's made the odd contribution from the bench but not been entirely convincing. Come on City.

Wonder whats up with Delph. Pep was waxing about Zinchenko just the other day but he doesn't get a look in despite Delph being out. Bit odd.

goat

would say time to throw vinny in the bin now but he would probably smash something going in

KunDB

Vinny is history. Delph has minor injury.

Referee yet agains fails to protect our players high studs first challenge on Gundogan deserving a straight red all day long, not even a yellow given.

KunDB

Incredible pass DeBruyne, superb finish Sterling.

Newcastle pathetic.

1 0 City

KunDB

Brilliant clearance and defending by Otamendi.

gavin

Sergio is having a bit of a stinker here. Newcastle are embarrassing themselves.

KunDB

One hour in I conclude Benitez and Newcastle plan is to bore us to death, and they are succeeding. I hope our players do not fall asleep.

KunDB

Not having taken our goal chances we now have a nervy 10 minutes to survive, one mistake could cost us.

Rowley Birkin QC

The Newcastle corpse now trying to animate itself...

goat

goat

KunDB

18 wins in a row PL. That is all that matters and 15 points clear.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Rowley Birkin QC

No - it's dead again. Newcastle deserved nothing from that match.

gavin

Thats not going to live long in the memory. I didn't enjoy it one bit.

KunDB

If Aguero and Jesus could find some goal scoring form it would be the cherry on the cake.

Ludo

That was a hard watch.

Newcastle deserved nothing but without putting the game away they always had that glimmer of a chance. Some our decision making was awful especially Gundugan and Danilo, and when De Bruyne is off his game we look laboured. A centre back is a priority now and if we are to strengthen the midfield we need someone with a bit of pace.

bluebrendan

Good first half without the comfy lead that we should have had, great assist from KdB. We got a bit sloppy 2nd half, KdB faded and Walker looked nervy on the odd occasion they came forward. Thought Sterling was excellent again, did some good defensive work in the 2nd half to add to his goal.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on December 27, 2017, 22:56:26
Good first half without the comfy lead that we should have had, great assist from KdB. We got a bit sloppy 2nd half, KdB faded and Walker looked nervy on the odd occasion they came forward. Thought Sterling was excellent again, did some good defensive work in the 2nd half to add to his goal.

Sterling was excellent, but he seems to have this habit of flying back and fowling somebody giving away free kicks
KDB dominating again and a fantastic assist.
I'd have brought Sane on after the hour in place of Bernado
Sad day for the legend that is VK, but I think we must let him go now.
Pathetic display by Newc.