News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Evans

Started by Lekos, January 17, 2018, 21:38:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

Some West Brommer on Twitter reckons it's done. Bags cleared out, City will announce tomorrow and he will wear number 6.

goat

have to trust pep

maybe its some plan, he turned delph into a sort of left back so maybe evans will be a 30 goal a season man

Hesperus

If he comes I’ll get behind him but I really don’t understand the logic of the signing.

He’ll need to play like Baresi to gain the respect of he majority of city fans who go to the games.

Stephen Paul

good signing if you ask me

goat

Quote from: Hesperus on January 17, 2018, 23:18:35
If he comes I’ll get behind him but I really don’t understand the logic of the signing.

He’ll need to play like Baresi to gain the respect of he majority of city fans who go to the games.

or just need to be less shit than mangala

Gareth

This does invite a re-mix of the Phil Jones / Kun Aguero song for JFE and Alexis Sanchez...

gavin

Quote from: Gareth on January 18, 2018, 19:19:34
This does invite a re-mix of the Phil Jones / Kun Aguero song for JFE and Alexis Sanchez...

They won't be able to sing much at us if we win the league for the next few years...

nimrod

Quote from: stephenmcfc on January 18, 2018, 06:34:36
good signing if you ask me

Pity we cant give them Mango in a swap

But yeah JFE makes sense, we should have got VVD really, were still gonna have to spend big next year, JFE's getting on, so I dont understand why we didnt go in for him.

Lekos

Quote from: Lekos on January 17, 2018, 21:38:15
Some West Brommer on Twitter reckons it's done. Bags cleared out, City will announce tomorrow and he will wear number 6.

So that was bullshit  :D  :D ;D

Hesperus

It makes no sense to me. I think we can do just fine without him. 23 milllion for a stop gap. Spending that on Sanchez makes sense, his goals could have provided more benefit in terms of trophies.

It’s not like our defence is leaking goals. That said,I agree with Nimrod. We do need a long term signing and VVD was a target we missed out on apparently.

So we’ve missed out on VVD and Sanchez, allowing both to go to rivals.

I’m getting the feeling we’re not striking whilst the iron is hot, similar to the season after our first title win under Mancini.

Rowley Birkin QC

I still can't believe we're considering this. My memory of Evans is of someone slow and of very average ability.

Admittedly (as I said in a past thread) I've not seen much of WBA while Evans has been there and I'm told his international form with NI has been OK - but seriously? This is the best we can do for a central defender? (even just a back up...?)

Reading between the lines of Alan Pardew's grumpy comments today about wages and transfer fees I suspect we are about to do something silly here.

The only thing I will say in Jonny Evans' favour is he doesn't break down very often. (unlike the players he 'tackles')

Ludo

If we do buy Evans he most certainly will be a stop gap but one with a good deal of premier league experience so less of a 'settling in' period. Next season we won't have Mangala and there's no guarantee we'll have a fit Kompany or that Tosin will figure much; so at the very least we'll need two new centre backs to provide adequate cover.

I'm sure Evans realises he's not going to be first choice and if he's happy enough with the domestic cup games and the odd run out in the league as needed then I think it's a fair enough signing.

Hesperus

I don't get it at the quoted price though? 23 mill? Seriously?

We seem happy to overpay for an, at best average / decent, old CB but unwilling to overpay for a genuine quality player in Sanchez.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on January 19, 2018, 11:56:03
I don't get it at the quoted price though? 23 mill? Seriously?

We seem happy to overpay for an, at best average / decent, old CB but unwilling to overpay for a genuine quality player in Sanchez.

Theyre having all night prayer vigils over on Bluemoon, asking God to ensure Arsenal sign JFE

gavin

Which is worse, signing JFE or losing out on Sanchez?

Rowley Birkin QC

I can't decide...

bluebrendan

Quote from: gavin on January 19, 2018, 14:24:45

Seeing as I was never that arsed about Sanchez, JFE wins hands down.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on January 19, 2018, 14:24:45

Losing out on Van Dyke