News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Resting players for the derby

Started by gavin, April 01, 2018, 17:38:31

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Clear insinuation of Pep's post match interview was that he'll likely rest a few for the derby. I bloody hope not. We're still a long way from Chumps League glory but I can taste the glory of winning the title against the rags. Okay we need to win the Chumps but I think the matches should be on an equal footing. I would hope that all of the players will be up for all three games in 7 days. Its a special week.

KunDB

I think we are in a position that the squad is so strong we can do that and still win.

If we lose to Utd it will hurt but largely be irrelevant as we will win the PL anyway. I do not want to lose to the deluded scousers and have to suffer the press frenzy of Liverpool 'the greatest ever British team' the sole representative in the CL.

I can live with resting some players e.g. Silva rested for Bernardo.

KunDB

Gavin keep an eye on the big picture imagine the bus tour for a treble of cups.

Neil Mcnab

Certain that players will be rested for the derby. It makes sense to give us the best chance in the chumps league. Unless we are three of four up in the first leg of course. I think it was Sane on telly saying we can relax after we put the league to bed. Wrong answer, we need to up the levels. 

nimrod

Agree with Gavinho, no need to rest players we need our best 11 for all 3 games (and Im sure none of them want to rest, they want to play on these massive stages)

silvablue

It is all well to say all in, but why risk injury for key players when the league is good as won. CL win would be a massive step up for City; and that's what the club owners expect.

gavin

Winning the Champions League would be big but it doesn't come bigger than beating the scum to win the league. Though, admittedly, it would be fucking funny if we did it with the reserves.

bluebrendan

That may have been a bit of mind games from Pep, this season he has only really rested a significant number of players when the game has been a dead rubber, Shakhtar away and Basel at home. He may rest one or two depending how the Anfield game goes but I don't expect wholesale changes, for one thing those players who have been instrumental in building this 16pt lead are likely to want to play in the potentially decisive match.

Paddy

Concentrate on the champs league. Regardless of the result on Saturday the rags will still be choking on our dust....

The Blue Blooded Maniac

Aguero out for the first leg according to ssn, time for Jesus to terrorize the bindippers.

nimrod

Quote from: The Blue Blooded Maniac on April 03, 2018, 17:24:47
Aguero out for the first leg according to ssn, time for Jesus to terrorize the bindippers.
Yeah Pep confirmed it
What a pisser